Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bark Mulch Source

Posted by mlwschultz z5 ME (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 05 at 12:04

Looking for some dark pine (black) bark mulch. Anyone know of a reasonably priced source that delivers to the Biddeford-Saco-OOB area?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bark Mulch Source

Hi mlw, I'm in Saco and usually get mine from Moody's. A couple years ago it was averaging $28/yd delivered. May be more now.

o

Yes, it's higher there now. In addition to the price of the mulch ($24.50/yard) they are charging $20 for delivery. I'm only 1/2 mile away from them & think that $20 for delivery is absolutely ridiculous! I'm looking for someone more reasonably priced, but thanks for your input.

o

Try National Landscape and Garden Center on route 1. They have a nice dark bark, not sure on price though. 24.50 is a good price for a well-aged dark bark, they aren't making too much on that, so they have to charge for delivery or they lose money. Wholesale prices have gone up since last year and freight hasn't gotten any cheaper either.

o

Hey you guys, I live in Saco too!

If you're getting several yardsat once, the $20 delivery fee doesn't seem as bad.

I passed by that Rhododendron place on Bradley St., he had a big sign up advertising mulch. I can't remember the exact cost, but it didn't seem bad.

Here is a link that might be useful: Saco Bay Gardening Club

o

Take the $20 delivery fee and run!! In Pittsburgh you now pay around $35 @ most places.

(sorry to but in, but my employer is in Kennebunk)

o

The $20 delivery fee seems high to me because I'm only .5 miles from them & for the 3 yards that I needed that adds quite a bit to the price of each yard. However, I didn't find a better price, so ordered the mulch from Moody's & they delivered it the same day. So the service was great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here