Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Netting?

Posted by mainerose 4 (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 07 at 15:15

I am looking for a Maine supplier of white netting or mesh (like bird netting)and am striking out so far. Has anyone found a supplier for this? I don't need a large amount, and every place I've found on the internet wants to sell me hundreds of feet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Netting?

Row cover or bird netting? Try calling your closest Agway or farm store. I don't know how far you live from New Gloucester, but Pinetree Seeds has row cover available in reasonable quantities. If you mailorder from them they are usually very quick with shipping.

They probably have bird netting as well if you do a search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinetree Seeds row cover

o

Walmart is now selling Gardener's Supply row covers (at least here in ME). Good luck!

o

I too am looking for white bird netting to use for a climber to attach to. There is a trellis there as well but the slats are too far apart. The trellis and my house are both white and light grey respectively. I think a white netting rather than black or green would look good.

Has anyone seen white bird netting?

Ginny

o

Ginny---I have yet to find any. I have a white fence that I use for sweet peas so that's why I wanted white netting rather than brown or green. I used to do a lot of macram in the sixties--maybe I can make one this winter :)

o

• Posted by daria Z5A ME (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 15, 07 at 14:53

I've bought trellis netting with 4" squares at WalMart, but they might be out at this point in the season.

Johnny's Seeds has several trellis netting products:
Johnny's trellis net products

They have bigger holes than bird netting; OTOH they aren't as likely to trap birds. :)

o

Thanks, Daria--that look like exactly what I need. Unfortunately, I needed it a couple of months ago. Oh well, there's always next season :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here