Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulaj_gw

Jeezum! This weather...

paulaj
16 years ago

...is disgusting!

And it isn't even as bad as last year. My garden never really dried out: when I pulled out last years tomato stakes last week, the bottom few inches were mucky. And now the soil is cold and the veg garden is filling up with water in the walkways. Someone put a new house up next door too, and the drainage is worse now. Should I raise my beds even higher?

The compost pile is a wimpy 60º, air temp 42º. It was still frozen a couple weeks ago.

The fox out back is bold, she must be hungry. The racoon too, out in the daylight(not rabid) looking for food for her litter.

My peas, spinach, lettuce, chard, kale and mesclun are up. My tomatoes are whining in their flats. Wish I had a greenhouse. I guess I am whining too!

I am so glad I planted lots of pansies!!

Did anyone lose anything? Southern NE got hit badly. But where I am, we had enough snow cover to get us through those extraordinary winter extremes. I lost a clematis, and my new buddleia. I lost a rose. But I always lose a rose in the front yard. Never again will I plant one there. Madame Hardy, though, has lived up to her name in a more sheltered spot, and would be very happy if only it was a little warmer.

I know, it was all my fault. I put away my xc skis in the first week of April, and look what happened!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus