Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Centers near Rangeley, Maine

Posted by Bourret z4 Maine (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 05 at 8:06

Hi guys,

My hubby and I are going up to Rangeley for the 4th. Do any of you know if there are any garden centers or daylily growers near there? We'll be coming up from the south around Portland.

Thanks,

Lisa
bourret@gwi.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Centers near Rangeley, Maine

There is a garden shop/greenhouse place between Rangeley and Oquossoc right on the main road on the left. I forget its name and I don't know if they have daylilies or not because I haven't been there for a while. They can probably tell you if anyone else around there has some. I know there is a person who also sells some perennials from their gardens on the same road on the right hand side and they have a sign out, I believe.

Good luck and have fun. Rangeley is beautiful!

Oh, and if you want to take the longer way around to get to Rangeley, you would want to stop and see Carolyn Jenson's gardens on the South Strong Road in Strong. She also sells perennials. See her website at http://www.mainecottagegarden.com/ Oh, and I do see on the menu on her front page that she has daylilies.

Further south from that in Farmington, Robin's Flower Pot is a nice garden center that continues to expand. It's off Route 2 past on the right Walmart and there is a State of Maine sign pointing to the road to turn off on. Her website is at http://www.robinsflowerpot.com

Joanie D (Strong ME)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here