Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Introductions

silverkelt
18 years ago

Good Afternoon everyone.

Just wanted to say hi, as I had just found this forum and give a couple of details. I actually was looking for a group in usenet, but stumbled onto this one, which is great!

My wife and I moved into our house almost 4 years ago now, at first there were no flowers, except for some non blooming daffodils planted too deep . They also had some huge 10 - 15 feet wide evergreen shrubs, about 5-6 feet in hieght, which totally dominated the house, which is only a ranch. I took those out in year 2, as one I just plain didnt like them and two, it was terrible to try to shovel around, as it would take me forever to pick up snow and walk around them from our driveway. Here is a quick synopsis of stuff we have done to the yard the past few years.

2nd yr- Planted Lily of the Valley, Hostas and vinca minor in the left hand corner, where we get zero sun. It looks pretty good, planted a couple of rosa rugosa in the front, which died off =(. along with some annuals and stuff to give us color for the first year. In the fall made a nice looking bed around our maple tree of small stones, planted hundreds of bulbs of crocus, daffodills and tulips (still having trouble with the tulips!) .

3rd year- Created two front beds on either side of the stairs, of the ever populer and free stones, planted on the right side star gazer lillies, violets, dianthus, azela and a sand cherry. On the other, 5 hybrid tea's (christian dior, sunset celabration, peace (this one died), pink and double delight along with a azela and another sand cherry. Also, added a small bed around our well of irisis and daylillies a few small grape hycinths as well.

This year, after such a weird wet and cold spring I got a couple of climbing roses (queen elizabeth and a blaze) and planted those along with a butterfly plant in the front (which I might have to move if it gets too big) Also some sprinkling of some annuals and some delphinum and some more hostas to line a path Im making in my second shade area, a candlebra primrose.

Just wanted to say I look foward to talking with you all, I having had a great amount of time so far this year to make everything look neat, we just had a duaghter 3 weeks ago and we are just tired !

Look foward to everyones posts!

The Silverkelt =).

Comments (3)

Sponsored