Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Come see our before garden pix PLEASE!

Posted by leasa 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 07 at 20:53

Hi Maine Folks!

Thought you might like to see some before pix of gardens at our new fixer house in Eastport.

Offer up any advice on what you would do with the gardens. What I should keep and what I should cull.

Name any of the plants you know, pretty please!!!

Leasa

Here is a link that might be useful: Before pix!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Come see our before garden pix PLEASE!

Your white flowering "lots of it" is called snow in summer. Looks awesome creeping down rock walls and can easily be rooted at all leaf junctions. One of your other ground covers looks like it might be creeping jenny.
Good luck this season :)
Amy

o

This is Coltsfoot, a native plant, has small yellow flowers very very early and then these leaves the rest of the year.

o

Weigela

o

Wow, looks like you could keep yourself wuite busy if you wnated to. I added a pond and outrdoor garden rooms .
I am trying to incorporate gardenw with 25 annimals, horses, goats, chickens, dogs, sheep. SO my gardens are themed to accomidate and make pleasantries for me and my farm. When you design your garden I would wonder what is important to you outside...ie to sit and enjoy, to lay in a hammock and sip latte with low maintenance garden or to be dead heading pansies in AUgust because you are a high maintance gardener that like to stay really busy .

Do you want a show of succession or focus on a big bang during a certain time period such as August or Spring?

Details about what you are looking to enjoy to anticipate.
Kids, pets, just the spouce or friends and entertain or only for yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here