Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's Blooming?

Posted by Leasa 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 28, 05 at 21:42

Hi,

Just wondering what is blooming in your garden??

We have poppies, forget me nots, columbine, dames rockets and a few lilacs...

the slugs have been feasting on the squash, I've planted them twice...

Leasa in Eastport

PS the Lupine are really nice on Moose Island this year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's Blooming?

Seems like everything!

Delphiniums are just starting, some varieties are fully opened, the darker blues are just starting.

Roses!

Foxglove. S. iris about done, buds coming up on the Japanese. Peonies.

Those are just some of my favorites.

o

Blue delphiniums and pink roses! All my antique roses are in full bloom---the scent is so wonderful I can hardly bear to leave home to come to work. Hostas should be blooming in a few more days as well as stargazer lilies. Also have bearded iris, Siberian iris, kalmia and cranesbill in bloom.

o

Here on Vinalhaven, we are later than ever. This is the first time in recent memory that I have peonies in bloom for the 4th of July weekend. Some Victoria Louise oriental poppies still, foxglove, nepeta, Lady's mantle, delph just beginning, Alium christophii, and siberian iris, but lilacs are gone by, Lupine are just on the edge, I pruned off the first blooms to get the second. My annuals are deathly slow, but have snaps in the hoophouse that wintered over and one brave one outside that is on it's third year of bloom. And of course all my hardy geraniums have been going like gangbusters for several weeks.
Martha

o

Eastport is just beautiful with the lupine this year. This one was taken along Washington Street, as you come into town, just after that bad storm the other day...

o

Yellow loosestrife, peonies,rose campion, lupines,some rose have gone by others are just starting, perennial batchelor buttons are finishing up. Pinks and sweet William are just starting. My waterlily in a tub. Painted daisies, wild daisies and brown eye Susans in the garden, assorted campanula, coral bells, Jacob's ladder and Stella de Oro daylilies. Lots of my other daylilies are budding as are my delphs, hostas, asiatic lilies and globe thistles.
Here are a couple of pics that I took a week or so ago. I'll have to get out and take some more pics!

Cathy up near Moosehead Lake

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here