Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broccoli not fornming a head?

Posted by sarah1990 z4 ME (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 05 at 8:00

This is my first year having a veggie garden. I thought my broccoli was coming along beautiful, big healthy leaves and all. Then my father came by and we were looking at my garden. He said his broccoli wasnt as big as mine, but he had one ready to cut and other smaller heads. I have no heads at all.Does anyone know what the problem could be? He mentioned something in my soil may be off?? But he wasnt sure.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broccoli not fornming a head?

Not likely your soil, more to do with the weather, when you transplanted it, etc. It may still form a head that you can harvest, or it may start to form a head then quickly bolt.

I have a terrible time growing broccoli. Too cold in the spring, then it gets hot too fast.

o
RE: Broccoli not fornming a head?

Thanks :0) I have little heads as of today. So hopefully they will get bigger and not die out. Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here