Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
veilchen_gw

My greenhouse is on its way!

veilchen
19 years ago

Birthday present for me, I have wanted one for so long I am kind of in shock. Was used to a lifetime of wishing I had a greenhouse, esp. in early spring when my vegetable, annual, and perennial seedlings are all over the house under lights.

I ordered it from Farmtek, a catalog I started receiving this summer. The price seemed good, they gave me free shipping. It is 12' long by 9' wide, 7' tall. Also ordered 4 automatic vents and the base so it will be well-anchored. It is metal and polycarbonate panels.

Anyone have any tips, ideas for greenhouse growing in Maine? I am not expecting to get much out of it in the dead of winter, but we may in the future buy a supplemental heater for it. The first year I will be concentrating on just seeing how long I can keep some flats of lettuce greens growing into the winter, then move seedlings into it next spring. I am interested in knowing whether perennials in pots can be over-wintered in the greenhouse. I also ordered a hi/low thermometer so I will be able to see how much heat it retains this winter.

This will be a new adventure!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County