Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikefrommaine

What happened to?

mikefrommaine
19 years ago

The Roseraie at Bayfields--PO Box R, Waldoboro, ME 04572; Phone-207.832.6330; www.roseraie.com. Free catalog. (Roses)

I always meant to get there and never did and now it seems its gone.

Comments (4)

• josie_2
    19 years ago

Hi Mike,I too wanted to go there.Before making the trip I needed directions.
    So I surfed the net for them.Interesting. Regards Josie

• veilchen
    19 years ago

It was out of business, at least since last summer. I found it but was disappointed it was closed.

• Flyline
    19 years ago

My husband took me there for Mothers Day several years ago. What an experience - they had a "program" like you'd get at a theatre, with all the names of the roses listed, and then you could wander around the acres of roses, looking for the ones that you wanted. They also had binders inside with photos and watercolor paintings of the different varieties. It was such a memorable and enjoyable day, and I came home with three new rose bushes. One has never bloomed, but comes back more vigorous each spring. One has stayed small, but blooms more beautifully every year. I don't remember what happened to the third - it may have died, or maybe it's mixed in with the others out there somewhere...

I'm sorry to hear they're gone - I didn't know. They had relocated at one point - I wonder if they're just taking a break from sales while they develop their inventory. If that's the case, it will be worth the wait. It was breathtaking in the past.

• mainerose
    19 years ago

I'm glad that someone had a positive experience. When I visited in June of 2000, the plants were pathetic and the owner was at this rudest. Most people on the Antique Rose Forum had little good to say about this nursery. If you are serious about hardy roses, check out Suzy Verrier's North Creek Farm in Phippsburg.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!