Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilyroseviolet

What veggies are you planting this time of the year?

lilyroseviolet
18 years ago

I am planting carrots, peas, spinach, and lettuce

Comments (9)

• maineman
    18 years ago

Vining sugar snap peas, turnips, and kohlrabi. I may do some swiss chard if I can make a place for it.

MM

• sweety13
    18 years ago

Where can I get snap peas now to plant? anywhere still selling seeds? steph

• veilchen
    18 years ago

Most of my fall garden has already been sown--spinach, lettuce, mache, 2 weeks ago. Sowed some cilantro at that time as well, as I never seem to have it when I want it during the summer (due to bolting). Snap peas were sown beginning of August and are blossoming now. I think sowing them now would certainly be pushing it as far as getting any harvest before the weather turns cold. Same with carrots--they need even more time. I sowed mine end of July. I just got my first harvest of "fall" bush beans, also planted in July.

I still have some containers to sow for inside the greenhouse of lettuce and other cold-hardy greens.

Has anyone else noticed the chill in the mornings?

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

er...veilchen you are advertising rentals in NC? YUCK wish they would leave us alone on our threads, sorry, veilchen

You are correct on the the late sowing, I am sorry I should of said I am sowing in a green house situation. This is my forst time preparing in a greenhouse for a late harvest.

• lilyroseviolet
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I HATE THESE LINKS TO ADVERTISING>>>IT TAKES ALL THE FUN OUT IF BEING HERE

• veilchen
    18 years ago

I don't see the links--you can turn them off. Hover over until you see "what's this?". Click on that, scroll down, and there is a place you can click on that will instantly remove the underlined ads on your screen. They began popping back up for me a few days ago after a month of being ad-free, I clicked to remove them again and no ads now.

(wondering how in the world they can link my post to rentals in NC)

• maineman
    18 years ago

Veilchen,

Yes, that fixes it for you, but not for the rest of the world. For the ads to truly go away, the entire world would have to click and de-select the ads. I just turned off my view of the ads, per your instructions and their instructions, but now I am kind of sorry I did. I used to defeat the ads by using special characters in my messages, like, for instance, typing gà rden instead of garden.

I would guess that the majority of people who are annoyed by the ad links are unaware of the simple way to hide them. I may just find and remove my ad-hiding cookie so I can continue to do battle with them.

MM

• jleek
    18 years ago

what's this? I clicked on that and on my window nothing showed where I can turn this off. Perhaps different for different browsers. Thanks anyways

• veilchen
    18 years ago

sorry jleek I can't see the ads so I can't check to see where to click.

Maybe we all should try responding to the companies making the ads via email and tell them we will never buy their product due to the vile ads.

But then that may just encourage them. I think the purpose of such ads is mostly for name recognition. The marketing people nowadays seem to think that any placement, whether good or bad, is good for the company because more people will see the name and logo. Even if they don't buy anything.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery