Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
African violet class

Posted by bspofford Maine (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 07 at 10:39

Greetings to all you African violet enthusiasts and wannabees. I am going to have a class on growing violets. It is through the Biddeford Adult Ed program. I will cover what you will need to know to have beautiful, healthy, and BLOOMING plants. The course fee is $9.00, and includes all supplies and a violet! We will repot, set up for wick watering, and start leaves for new plants.

Registration must be done through the Adult Ed program, the phone number is 207 282-3883. The class is on Monday, September 24, from 6pm to 8pm.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions. 207 284-8073.

Violets are a great indoor gardening project now that you-know-what is almost over and you-know-what will be here before you know it.

Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: African violet class

That sounds great, Barbara! If only I was capable of growing a single houseplant. . .!

Seriously I have given up trying to grow anything indoors as I can never keep the plants alive.

o

Veilchen,

You're just the person that should be there!! I too used to be the kiss of death for indoor plants, but I so loved African violets that I kept trying. I finally educated myself about their needs, found they were actually pretty darn easy to grow, and now have over 200!

I really would like to have some 'violet buddies' in the area and ultimately have enough interest to form a club here in Maine.

I missed the Saco garden club meeting last Thursday, it is the same night as the AV club I attend in NH. If you know of anyone in your club that is interested in African violets, could you pass this on to them?

Thanks,

Barbara

o

Yes I will, Barbara. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here