Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
There's going to be a garden show sfter all

Posted by The_Dollmaker 4B5A NewEngland (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 5, 04 at 8:42

Did anyone get the latest PPP Magazine? The Landscape & Nursery Assoc is going to take over the garden show. They are bringing it back to the old place in Portland. I go to Boston too, but it's fun to see what our local guys are doing as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: There's going to be a garden show sfter all

yeeehaaahhh!! good news

o

I got the magazine yesterday and saw that. I've never been to the "Portland" show, only the Bangor one...

Cathy

o

People complain that this venue is small and dark but that's exactly what I love about it. You walk in there and the first thing you notice is the humidity, which feels WONDERFUL in February. Your skin just wants to drink it in! Humidity without heat. And most of the light comes from the lamps that are shining on the plants, so it feel like sunlight on you. It's like a summer vacation in the dead of winter. I just don't feel that in Boston, and I didn't feel it in the tent.

o

Just bumping this thread cause I see that you are discussing the garden show

o

Thank you Doll maker, I also made that connection--sorry to steer incorrectly and now (hopefully) we are all on the same track!!!

Yeah! A garden show!!!

o
RE: date?

Anyone have anymore details on this show?

o

Nothing yet, but here's the web page

Here is a link that might be useful: Portland Company Flower Show Page

o

Thanks for the link, Ill be back to check it again. Maybe I'll wear my GW shirt there!

Cheers-GX4

o

I am glad it's going to be back in this old building in Portland. I like the atmosphere there. I hope the website gets some more stuff added there soon so that the public can tell that there will be lots of exhibitors and vendors.

Joanie D.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here