Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New African violet group

Posted by bspofford Maine (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 07 at 18:35

It's finally happening!! I have found enough interested people to start a new African violet club. The first meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 14, at 6pm. It will be held at the Center of Technology, 23 Maplewood Avenue in Biddeford (by the high school). Expect some fun, door prizes, and learn a lot about growing and propagating violets.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Barbara
284-8073

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New African violet group

That's great Barbara! Do you plan on having the local newspapers announce it? Even the Maine Sunday Telegram will list it if you send them the info 2 weeks in advance.

o

Veilchen,

I'm going for as much publicity as possible...the local papers, Portland papers, flyers in nurseries, florists, and HD and Lowes, garden clubs.

Wanna come?

Barbara

o

Although I don't do houseplants I will try to come. I will announce to our garden club email list.

o

Anyone in Portland that could give a lift to a non-driving chick? I'm not an axe-murderer. (I can never even figure out what those people have against axes!)

Ok but really, I promise the worst thing about me is my humor--and I can keep my mouth zipped for a 20 minute car ride if need be.. Shoot me an email: violetride @ creativespill.com

o
RE: re: New African violet group

Duh, I meant to say "Anyone in Portland _+who's going to this meeting+_ that could give a lift..."
Yikes, I re-read it just now & smacked my forehead it looks like I'm just randomly asking any Portlander to drop what they're doing & give this strange girl a ride to some meeting.
:-p
No wonder I don't post around here much. Life without an "edit" button is a life that's bad for me. :-D

o
plant clubs and socieities

We just returned to our home in Gardener after 15 years away. Some of our plantings are doing well, other have been uprooted and we're redoing gardens around the house that were razed during some foundation repair. I'm trying to find and join local plant societies so we can take part in plant exchanges with locally grown material We used to be in the rhododendron society and the iris society, I found Iris but can't find rhododendron on line. Anyone know how to contact them or know of other plant groups in mid Maine (Augusta area). Also, I used to save my pennies for the Bowdoinham library plant sale every year. Is it still the one to look to?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here