Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow report

Posted by maine_gardener Z 5 Me (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 10, 05 at 1:47

We got just about a foot of snow today here on the coast! Ho Ho Ho its starting to look a lot like Christmas!
Its still all sitting there waiting to be shoveled. Guess thats on the to do list first thing in the morning.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow report

We got a foot too - started off wet so all the pine branches are drooping. Got most moved last night - some cleanup today but not much. What a difference a day makes :o)

o

We got at least 14". Most of it fell between 12:30 and 4:00pm (that's when I was at the movies).

TG for dhs and snowblowers.

o

Only 3" here. =(

o

Only a few inches here in Farmington :( I know I should be careful what I wish for, but I've found that snow is such a good insulator for my roses and perennials. I really hope we get a bit more in the near future.

o

We had 5 inches, although some of it melted. But it's snowing again today. If "old snow" counts, it looks like the chances of a white Christmas here are very good.

MM

o

Well, we will be having an ice Christmas here if the sun doesn't warm up and melt the slippery crust left by yesterday's storm.

o

Veilchen,

Our long term forecast here in Manchester calls for no snow for the next six days, a few snow showers December 23, mostly sunny with a high of 29 on December 24, and Christmas day cloudy with a high of 29. We could have a significant amount of melting between now and Christmas. I guess it is technically not Winter yet.

MM

o

And the Winter Solstice is coming up--the days will be getting longer. I usually get excited about this every year (spring is coming!) but then promptly realize it's only the beginning of winter.

Dec. is usually mild for us, although this year the kids have already had 2 snow days. I hope that's not a sign of things to come. The real cold and nastiness begins in Jan. and continues all through Feb. At least in March we can see the light at the end of the tunnel (even if it is still snowing).

o

(grin) Where is global warming when you need it?

MM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here