Return to the Maine Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
still have tulips to put in the ground

Posted by gardengardengardenga Z4-5+MDI-Me (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 2, 04 at 23:10

It is suppose to get to 18 degrees tonight! I was hoping to still get my tulips in the ground tomorrow. It is a bunch of tulips dug out of another location in another town and they are just sitting waiting to be planted. The grond isnot yet frozen that deep...just wish I would have done this when it was tshirt weather!
lol

other than that my pansies are still hanging on and blooming!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: still have tulips to put in the ground

Yesterday I planted yet another two bags of tulips that my client had picked up.

It is supposed to be warm early to mid part of next week. Do it then. Today's snow and cold are not going to last.

o

good advise...thanks

o

I hope to plant my tulips tomorrow! It was snowing today, just flurries, no accumlation here...in the high 30's, howevver good news...the ground is not frozen yet! ThNKA gIN FOR THE ADVISE

o
RE: still have tulips for next season!

I didnt make it to put the tulips in the ground....I got the flu! I was very dissapointed, because I missed that window of opportunity. As I look out to our next door neighbor, I see he has adjusted an ice house out on the pond in front of his beach. SIghh

I guess I'll save them for force blooms instead. I better get them ready in the refrigerator or freezer for now, ASAP.

Cheers-
G4

o

YUCK, G4! Sorry about your flu. That does make a mess of one's plans when it happens.

Good luck forcing the tulips. They'll be pretty at a time when we can all use some bright blossoms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maine Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here