Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delaware Beaches - HELP!

Posted by firstkim SC/SE PA Z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 19:53

DH wants to take me to a favorite old vacation spot of his for a few days next month, but it seems to have vanished. Does anyone know anything about a place called Sandy Cove Campground? It is/was near Bethany Beach. 411 (telephone info) has no listing whatsoever. Did it just go out of business? Or perhaps was it bought out and is now running under a new name? I can get Google hits of a sort, but website info is inaccurate, I'm not getting a reply from email, and no one is answering at the phone number listed.

Alternately, if Sandy Cove is just a memory, can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive campground with electric (we have a tent) in the same area? (A web address or phone # would be greatly appreciated.)

Thanks much!!
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delaware Beaches - HELP!

I suggest contacting Ocean View, DE, directly. They could tell you what happened and give you any alternatives.

http://www.oceanviewde.com/contact/index.shtml
telephone number for the town is
302-539-9797

Otherwise contact the Delaware Tourism Office :
http://www.visitdelaware.com/contact.htm
1-866-284-7483

I hope you are successful.

Carol

o

I just did a search for Delaware campgrounds and Sandy Cove came up on a hit from beach-net.com. The location and # are Cedar Neck near Ocean View, 302-539-6245. Five other campgrounds were listed if Sandy Cove has gone out of business.

o

Bad news. I found Sandy Cove on the Topographic map; it (was) just west of Route 357. I checked aerial photos and saw that a group of houses has been built on the former campgrounds.
http://www.visitsoutherndelaware.com/SoDelOutoorGuide.pdf has a better list of campgrounds.

o

Rats. Thanks for the news, Gerania. We'll stop chasing a memory. I'll check out the website after work. I knew I could count on you folks for help!

Thanks all!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here