Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madeleinef_gw

HAVE: lots of plants to trade or give away (Silver Spring 20901)

madeleinef
14 years ago

I am reorganizing my garden and some plants have to come out and be picked up within the next couple of weeks, while others can wait for a more suitable time to trade or give away, like at the spring swap. If you see anything you would like, whether you have anything to trade for it or not, please e-mail me at madeleinefletcher at yahoo.com. I will let you know if what you want has to be picked up now or within the next couple of weeks, or can wait until later. I have posted the list of plants I am looking for below the list of what I have to trade or give away, but if you don't have any of what I am interested in (mainly edibles and particularly edible perennials), don't worry and just let me know what you want. Thank you and happy spring gardening!

Madeleine

Ornamentals (some of which are in fact edible):

Deutzia

Forsythia

Echinacea purpurea

Liriope spicata

Wintercreeper - Euonymus fortunei

Daylily - Hemerocallis "Stella de Oro" (gold)

Daylily - Hemerocallis "Kwanso" (orange, double-flowered)

Ditch lily - Hemerocallis fulva

Vinca minor

Hosta (common variety, green)

Golden groundsel - Senecio aureus

Threadleaf coreopsis - Coreopsis verticillata

Blackberry lily - Belamcanda chinensis

Siberian iris  Iris sibirica

Creeping jenny (moneywort) Lysimachia nummularia "aurea"

Spiderwort

Ageratum

Autumn joy - Sedum telephium

Sedum kamtschaticum

Common stonecrop - Sedum acre

Lamb's ears Stachys byzantina

Beebalm - Monarda didyma(hot pink)

Rose mallow

Edibles:

Alpine strawberry

Mint

Catnip

Egyptian walking onions

Jerusalem artichokes

Oregano

Black and red raspberries

Thornless blackberries

Indoor plants:

Dracaena marginata

Dieffenbachia

Spider plant

Aloe vera

Seeds:

Okra - Clemson spineless

Coriander (cilantro)

Marigold

My wish list:

Nanking cherry - Prunus tomentosa

Oriental persimmon - esp. Sheng or Ichi Ki Kei Jiro

Maypop - Passiflora incarnata

Houttuynia cordata

King Solomon's seal - Polygonatum commutatum

Grape muscadine - especially Sugargate, Ison's, Carlos

Groundnut

May apple - Podophyllum peltatum

Any edibles, especially perennials

Comments (10)

• janetm_md
    14 years ago

I will also e-mail you. I will happily take anything on your list that is tough to kill and can withstand some drought. I'm going to be working with our neighborhood to plant the traffic calming island on our street. Unfortunately I don't have any of your wants. That said I would certainly be happy to take the following off your hands: Stella D'Oro day-lilies, Autumn Joy, Lambs ears, Blackberry lilies

• leslies
    14 years ago

You're coming to the spring swap, right, madeleinef? It looks like you could make a lot of swappers very happy!

• madeleinef
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi leslies, unfortunately, I don't know yet whether I will make it to the swap, and also, some plants need to come out now, and I don't have a lot of time and place to keep them happy until swap time. So, if there is anything you want from my list, please let me know!
    Madeleine

• diana_lynn
    14 years ago

Madeleine,

Wow! I've been wanting black raspberry canes. I need more vinca and a few threadleaf coreopsis this year, too. And I know exactly where I would put Stella de Oro or Kwanso daylilies....if you have extras.

Unfortunately, what I have from your want list, you already have, but my new favorite plant happens to be a biennial edible--flat-leaf parsley "Gigante D'Italia." It's so tough that I was digging it out from under the snow to harvest some in January. I started some seeds of it earlier this week (I decided the two huge plants in my garden just weren't enough!). I can plant another container if you're interested.

Diana Lynn

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

I'd love to take some of those thornless blackberries off your hands! I sent you an email. Thanks.

~CA

• madeleinef
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am responding to people's messages by e-mail. Please include your phone number when you e-mail me. I forgot, I also have some Mexican evening primrose (Oenothera speciosa), a very tough plant with a pretty pink flower, but it needs to be contained as it is very invasive.

• madeleinef
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I took some rooted rosemary "Arp" out of the ground today, will trade for edible plants. If interested please e-mail me with your phone number at madeleinefletcher at yahoo.com
    Madeleine

• Ann
    14 years ago

Madeleine,

Do you have any more of your Deutzia or your Monarda? I don't have any edibles right now, but should after my Winter Sown seeds take off.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Ann

• gardengranma
    14 years ago

Interesting pussy willows, corkscrew willows, and fantail willow bushes, fully rooted and good size (from last year's Philly flowershow.) One or two water garden ornament types, one animal with umbrellaa, the other copper leaves. Have misc. garden ornaments, and whatever is on my trade list, cuttings available, and Keria (sp?) variegated, purple beauryberry bush (rooted). Would like to trade for really good forsythia cuttings or rooted (OK in water). Have huge tomatoe bushes (have new book about how to gro them big). Also want Knock-out rose rooted cuttings.

• madeleinef
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm done reorganizing my garden and have no more plants to give away.
    Madeleine