Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Anyone want a reblooming yellow daylily?

Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 15:24

I "discovered" a clump of daylily that I dug up in the fall, fully intending to divide and transplant. The poor thing has been sitting out all winter long, and is of course putting out new growth now. If anyone wants it, let me know. I'm going to be at Susan's dig on Saturday and can bring it. The clump is big enough to make 3 or 4 nice size plants when divided.

It's a pale yellow rebloomer named Miss Amelia. Pictures can be found here: http://www.oakesdaylilies.com/supplier/product.php?id=s000&pid=S000_1112&browse=3

Suja

P.S. Bonnie, I had sent you an email, but it doesn't seem like you got it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Anyone want a reblooming yellow daylily?

Oooh! Oooh! I'll take some!!

o

Yes, please, I have two patches for lilies and both are pretty empty at the moment. I'm hoping to be at the dig on Saturday but am waiting on a reply from Susan. If that doesn't work out, I can come pick some up if you have any left.

Thanks much!

Lynne

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 17:44

SOLD! To Dawn and Lynne. I'll see if I can split the clump, otherwise you'll have to figure out how.

o

Yay! Thanks! I read somewhere that you can just rinse off all the dirt with a hose and then they're easy to split. Might not have been lilies they were talking about though, but I would think it would work...

Lynne

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 19:49

Lynne, they're easy to split, mostly because you don't have to worry about killing them by being rough. Basically, use a saw, a shovel, whatever implement you have to pry them apart. I already have one smaller division, and will chop off one more piece. The other one will stay a big block that can be divided further by the new owner.

Oh, before I forget, you have mail!

o

Suja,
Oh drat......I did not get your email.
If there is any piece left after the divide...I would like it.
I do hope to get to the dig on Saturday.

Thanks for thinking of me Suja.

Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here