Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Chrysogonum virginianum

Posted by krgallo 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 07 at 19:38

need this to do some serious ground cover. even a few plants will help. thanks!

-katy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Chrysogonum virginianum

Same here. This is the only thing I've found that works in my "zone of death". However, I *have* noticed that it seems to transplant much more successfully in the fall than in the spring, at least for me.

Larry

o

Well since nobody's offering to give you any you might want to see if they have them at the Greenspring sale this year. I think last year Barry Glick of Sunshine Farms was selling small pots of it. The more you buy from him the lower the price gets.

o

• Posted by zebz 7-8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 26, 07 at 8:15

Actually, she was offered some. I sent her an e-mail over two weeks ago, but haven't heard back from her.

Katy, maybe the message ended up in your junk mail box. It said that I had a little of it for you, but I don't do the mail thing. I had asked if you were in close-in Northern Virginia. Let me know if you want it.

o

Sorry -- I didn't see any messages. I will see if i can find your message. thanks very much!

o
Can't find the email!

and I ca't figure out how to email you directly -- can you advise, or send again? I am near falls church, so hopefully am nearby. thanks!

o

Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 9:52

Katy, you've got mail.

o

Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 22:32

So now I'm determined to get these plants to you. Tomorrow we will be at the Starbuck's at Falls Plaza (or it may be Broad Falls) at 9:30 a.m., the one with the Giant, Hallmark, Hair Cuttery, Haandi Indian Restaurant. Are you closer to Seven Corners or Broad Street? I won't have the plants with me, but if you show up there, we can work out something. I'm the woman with gray/white hair, wearing jeans and a light gray hooded sweatshirt. I suppose there could be others there matching that description, but just approach all of them. One of them is bound to be me.

Will check back here tomorrow early morning to see if you've responded.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here