Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: a few big shrubs, etc.

Posted by cfmuehling 7b DC/MD burbs (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 3:13

Hi all!

I have two, 15-20', dark pink crape myrtles. They're probably 15 years old.

I have two, sprawling, antique, pale, pale purple lilacs.

They're extremely large or mature, so if you're feeling frisky, this would be the time of year, given the rain and current gardening energy. I can not and am not going to dig them up, and pulling them out with a car or truck is not an option. if you're willing to dig, all I want in return is enough soil and/or leaf-gro type stuff to fill the holes way over the top. When it settles, I don't want big craters. Make sense?

Then I have a bunch of stuff that can be throw in on the side, which is also my Haves list for the swap:

Unlimited ditch lilies
Creeping Jenny,
Many different mints
Monardas 'Jacob Cline' and 'Raspberry Wine' and a mystery light pink one.
Vlad's thornless blackberry canes
'American Heritage' Raspberry canes (YUM!)
Eupitorium 'Gateway' and 'Little Joe'

I'll put up more, but this is what I'm thinking right now.
I'm at the south end of Bowie, and the top of Upper Marlboro (Rtes 214/301).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: a few big shrubs, etc.

Hi Christine,

Gardenweb email seems to be down and I can't find your address anywhere. I'd like to have some Little Joe if it's indeed the dwarf. Have plenty of the other types already.

By the way, that small rubra crape myrtle I got from you a few years ago isn't so small anymore. it's now up to about 6 feet and still blooms like crazy.

Larry

o

Hi,

Christine I tried to send you an email about your Swap trade list but also got an error message.

I'm interested in your Heritage raspberry and Jacob Cline monarda. I have white yarrow seed you're welcome to and, though I don't have amaranth, I'd like to offer some Brightest Brilliant Rainbow quinoa, another ornamental plant with edible grain.

Thanks for your consideration!
Regina

Please email me if you are interested in these or any other selections from my trade list.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brightest Brilliant Rainbow Quinoa

o

Hi Christine,

Just posting again to increase chances of you seeing these messages!

Regina

o
bump

Hi Christine,

Just posting again to increase chances of you seeing these messages!

Regina

o
RE: MAG Plant Swap

Dear Christine,

Just like everybody else, I am unable to email you directly. I am interested in your white bleeding heart. Will you want to trade with me? Please check out my trade list and let me know if something interests you.

meipo
aka bugmagnet

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list

o

Christine,

I would love one of the Japanese maple seedlings if it is still available.

Please look at my Haves list.

Thanks

Foodeefish/AKA Mark

o

Christine,

I never heard back from you if you wanted what I have from your "wants" list" for the swap tomorrow

I have a creme d'casis holly hock seedling and a great big elephant ear bulb if you want them. If not, I won't bring them tomorrow.

I would love some of your red raspberry canes since most of mine have died in the last drought or have been drowned this year.

KimKa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here