Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

WANTED: Yarrow seeds or plants

cfmuehling
16 years ago

Hi again,

I'm looking for yarrow seeds or plants of any color at all. I'm successfully using it as a lawn replacement. Doesn't need water, can be mowed and walked on, grubs seem to ignore it, and it stays green in the winter.

If you have any you're not using, are moving around from year to year, or want to dig up? I'm there for you.

I might not make it to the swap, but I'm going to try. I'd love to arrange this in advance so I can get them into the ground and growing before drought hits.

Thanks in advance!

Christine

Comments (14)

• tvalenti
    16 years ago

Hi Christine,

I have a bunch I would love to trade. Feel free to email me directly.

-Terri

• lynnt
    16 years ago

Welcome back, Christine!

I suspect I may be able to get a bunch for you at the FSGC swap the afternoon of the 3rd. Let me know if you don't get enough. Many yarrows get woody if cut back hard -- that may not be so nice underfoot after a few mowings...

Lynn

• gardnwatch
    16 years ago

Christine,
    I've got a nice big one for you in a pot.
    It's got your name on it. If you want it now I can get
    it to you . If not, I will bring it to the swap. Your call.
    Bonnie

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, ladies!
    I think my best bet is to get them before hand, but Lynn, that would be nice, too.
    Bonnie, how shall we hook up? :)
    C.

• rian
    16 years ago

I put up two pots of yellow yarrow to add to your collection. What a cool idea--wish I had more to give you. If you don't make it to the swap, I'll send it along with Lynn. Please keep us posted on how it works out over time, pluses and minuses.

Oops, what is the FSGC? Is Lynn talking about a different swap on the 3rd?

• gardnwatch
    16 years ago

Christine,
    I am free Saturday or Sunday. I see that Larry will be there around 4-5 Saturday. Would two of us be too many at that time? I'll need your address again. Can't remember how to get there exactly.
    Bonnie

• lynnt
    16 years ago

FSGC is the DC Gay Men's garden club -- I have been their token female straight member for more than 18 years, and their swap, in Arlington, is the afternoon of ours. So I'll be running from one to the other. We'll have a booth at Green Springs this year, too -- look for us!

Lynn

• rian
    16 years ago

Thanks Lynn, I'm new to this forum so I'm not really up to speed yet.

Christine, unfortunately there is a good possibility that the yarrow I have is not millefolium, but the taller species that is less spreading. If you are still interested, let me know.

• gardnwatch
    16 years ago

Christine,
    I've not heard from you , so maybe we can try again next weekend or if not, I will bring them to the swap with me.
    Bonnie

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Rian, that's just fine and I'd love it.

Bonnie, I'm going to email you directly.
    C.

• kaffeina
    16 years ago

christine i have quite a bit of white, you interested? i could probably be persuaded to take a day trip to your area

:)

k

• LynneinMD
    16 years ago

Christine, I have some too, courtesy of our MAG friends and their generosity last year... pink, red, white, and yellow, but you may want to wait until something comes up so we know what it actually is...

Lynne in Bowie

• karunatwo
    16 years ago

I've got plenty of yarrow. It has white flowers.

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, all!
    I'll take any and all because the colors don't matter. It'll be mowed at about 6". It doesn't get a chance to get woody because it doesn't bloom.

The more this spring passes, the more happy I am with the gudzillion, tiny seeds I spattered last year.
    I'm trying hard to come to the swap, but I'm open to visits (sorry about today). The thing is, that I am in such upheaval I'm not sure how to cancel. I'm even thinking of having a yard sale to sell everything in my yard. In the meanwhile, I'm continuing with the grass. Don't ask me about this year's mulch....

Let's plan on the swap? I think that might be wisest after that last paragraph. Thank you, all.

Christine

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services