Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spanaval

have: mag swap - last call

spanaval
17 years ago

Folks,

I'm basically done potting-up, mostly because I'm running out of pots and almost out of soil too. Anyone who has pre-arranged swaps with me until now will definitely get what they've asked for, pending the usual contingencies about the stuff being potted up staying alive.

The one exception is Salvia Uliginosa, which is late to wake up, and is still not showing signs of life. I've potted up roots and hope for the best, but it may or may not happen. I may end up just digging up clumps, if they do wake up before the swap. I will have PLENTY to spare come Fall, and you can even see it in bloom.

If you really, really, really want something, please ask now. Come this weekend, I'm calling it quits, and will just focus on tending to what I have potted up.

Oh, and if anyone has small pots (Quart or smaller), I would love to take some home with me, so I'll have enough pots for the next swap.

Comments (8)

• lynnt
    17 years ago

Just one thing I'd like: you can throw them in a plastic bag if you have no time to pot them up -- I lost my whole stand of Jacob Kline, and would love to replant them if you can spare me a clump.

I have LOTS of pots if you want me to bring a stack. Anything else of mine you want?

Lynn

• spanaval
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How in the world did that happen? I didn't think you could kill Monarda if you tried. I can definitely bring you a clump.

I would love any smaller pots you can spare. I've potted up about 100 plants so far, and am finding myself using unnecessarily large pots because I'm out of the small ones. Would love to have Itea virginica, Phlox 'London Blue' or Sedum 'Frosty Morn', if you have any to spare.

• collectordi
    17 years ago

Suja, if you are in the area of Vienna anytime I could give you lots of pots. I have many small ones.

Diana

• madsquopper
    17 years ago

I second that. How did you manage to kill the monarda? We have both red (I think it must be Jacob Kline) and purple out the wazoo so I'll bring a few pots of it.

Larry

• spanaval
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Diana, I take the beasties to the Oakton dog park (off Blake Lane) 5 days a week. So I'm sure I can swing by and pick some up or we can meet at a mutually convenient place. Thanks to your offer, I now have less wiggle room to weasel out of potting up plants.

Larry, I think that Lynn should sell the secret to killing Monarda to the highest bidder. I'm sure there is a market for that.

• lynnt
    17 years ago

Anemone sylvestris and bronze fennel smothered it between the two of them. And then last summer's drought finished the job. Good trick, eh?

That anemone has got to be the nastiest weed I have come across -- those thready roots get into everything!

Lynn

• leslies
    17 years ago

That anemone has got to be the nastiest weed I have come across -- those thready roots get into everything!

So how have I managed to kill this plant twice??!!

If anyone still has extra small pots (seedling size or so), I'd love to have some. Looks like I gave a lot of mine away last year.

• lynnt
    16 years ago

As I said, it is a nasty weed in my beds -- you are welcome to come by and dig as much as you want! This is the anemone sylvestris -- maple-shaped leaves on a thin stem, white blossoms in spring -- not Japanese anemone that blooms on thicker stems in the fall. I have THAT too, but it is not nearly as troublesome.

Lynn

Sponsored