Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: purple bearded iris

Posted by jenndc 7 DC (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 07 at 14:39

I'm new to gardenweb trades and missed the Mid-Atlantic swap because of my grad school finals and graduation. I'll be dividing up my iris this next week and have about 20 - 30 very healthy plants to trade. These are large iris, 28" high blooms with a sweet fragrance. See the photo in the URL link.

I'm looking for interesting shade plants or blue or white-flowering plants for part sun spot. Please check my trades list and email me from my member page.

Here is a link that might be useful: uploaded photo to gardenweb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: purple bearded iris

Hello,

I would love some of the Iris. I have Chocolate plants that love shade and get white flowers in the fall. I also have some Columbine. If you are interested I can take a couple of photos so you can see them.

o

You can now email me from my member page. Sorry that I'm still figuring out this system.

I dug the iris today and have over 30 rhizomes in really good shape. I know that now is not the best time for transplanting iris but this bunch was crying out to be divided. And these particular iris can take adversity.

Saltydog - I am interested in both types of plants you mentioned but would like to see a pic of the chocolate plant. What color is the columbine blossom? Also, your member profile doesn't say where you are located.

o

Saltydog - the member email isn't working. If you have sent email please send again to jenn_shep "at" hotmail "dot" com (hoping to avoid spam by writing it out this way).

Iris are dug and fans are cut to 6 inches waiting for a new home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here