Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: autumn clematis

Posted by kimka z7 (jkkaplan@erols.com) on
Wed, May 9, 07 at 16:19

I'm looking for a division or two of autumn clematis, especially if it has good fragerance.

I've got celery seedlings, calendula seedlings, pink baby's breath, mystic merlin mallow plants, Artemisia oriental limelight and spiderwort to offer in trade.

I'm in Silver Spring. If you are near by, I can come and get it.

Email me at jkkaplan"at"erols.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: autumn clematis

I'll check to see if ours is big enough to divide yet. You only get it if you promise NOT to sneak over and plant Oriental limelight in our yard. That thing is a thug!

Larry

o

I have some seedlings available, in Lanham -- can't tell how they'll smell til fall, but their parents were sweet! These are St Bernard puppies; even the seedlings are several feet long.

LynnT

o

LynnT,

I've sent you an email about coming by and getting one. Sounds like just what I'm looking for. If you don't get my email, email me at Kim.Kaplan@ars.usda.gov

o

This is a seriously invasive one. Be forewarned. I rip garbage bags full out every week-end. Yes it smells good, yes it grows quickly, and yes it's nice to have a fall bloomer. But it seeds everywhere and you'll see it poking up 3 feet in the middle of something cherished before you know what happened. I do NOT recommend planting this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here