Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliat_gw

HAVE: Had a great time at the swap!

juliat
17 years ago

Thanks for hosting, gardengramma, thanks for organizing the lists, chrismd 7, and thanks to everyone who gave me plants and food!

Tomorrow I will take a picture of the bed I made when I got home -- with a lovely red azalea (who gave me that? was it you, Cecilia?), calycanthus, tricyrtis, and astilbes -- gorgeous. Some great trades and freebies will be planted elsewhere in the yard, but this was all I had time to do today. I decided to widen the garden bed, and that took time -- thanks again for the manure, Prof. Dirt! I also planted the hydrangeas, but they're not in view near the azalea bed. They are going to anchor the corners of the back of our house, creating a little mystery for people before they round each corner.

The baby hellebores and remaining shade plants will get planted in back tomorrow; then I'll work on sun beds and edibles -- my husband and children are looking forward to the mints and the cilantro, and of course, I'll enjoy the peppers, leeks and tomatoes, and the salvias and other flowering plants. What a super swap!

Julia

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets