Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faerieannette

WANTED: shoud I come to the swap?

faerieannette
18 years ago

I really would love to come to the swap. I am new to gardening this is my fist house and my first garden. I donÂt really have anything to trade though. I have a ton of wild violets but everything else is just planted this year so I have nothing to divide. Should I still come?

I know we are not supposed to ask for free plants here but if I go that is pretty much what I will be doing.

Our property used to be a rental and the yard unattended for 10 years! So it was a total mess with the only things I could recognize growing where ivy, poison ivy, kudzu and wild violets. ItÂs still is a mess in places

Anyway thanks to may people on the yahoo group Annapolis freecycle I have gotten Siberian irises, LillyÂs and some grasses. I have also picked up some things here and there at out garden center. I cant afford it but I am addicted. I was also able to get some hostas from an elderly neighbor who was thankful to have me remove the ones that where covering her walkway. I also have gotten Cleome from Kim here. I just love gardening and it has been very rewarding.

I am anxious to go just to meet other gardeners who may be addicted enough as I am to meet.

Thanks for reading my post,

Annette

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH