Houzz Logo Print
avoirgold

wanted: food & stuff for the 2007 mag fall swap

avoirgold
16 years ago

Food and Stuff List for

the 2007 Fall MAG Swap

at Black Hill Regional Park

This is the secret to our great swaps - those who don't bring PLANTS bring FOOD. Preferably homemade and loaded with calories 'cause it's tough work doing all that trading and socializing. Extra points for food with chocolate. And if you have no plants and no talent in the kitchen, we still need supplies, and drinks, and ice, and potato chips.....

Non-food Needs:

Self-adhesive labels for participants (Nothing fancy, old Floppy Disk labels work well, for example).

Charcoal and Lighter Fluid for Charcoal if you're planning to grill.

a few non-gardening husbands or partners to run the grill (makes 'em feel useful).

Utensils.

Napkins and Paper Towels.

Paper Plates-Paper or Plastic Cups.

Large Heavy Duty Garbage Bags for Clean-up.

(Let's give Gardengramma a break here:) Toilet Paper & Paper Towels.

Anything I've forgotten to list.

Food:

Beverages

Appetizers

Main Courses

Brownies

Other desserts

Condiments: Mustard, Relish, Catsup, salt & pepper.

Rolls if you're having hot dogs and burgers

Also, this is a great place to show off your very special recipes that your family won't touch, like lavender flavored shortbread or zucchini fudge or whatever - CAUSE IN THE INTERESTS OF BOTANICAL SCIENCE, WE'LL EAT IT!

Questions? just include them in your post here, or feel free to post them here. Someone will surely jump in!

Have fun finding new homes for your surplus plants and discovering new plants you didn't know you needed!

Wishing everyone a great swap! Happy gardening!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: wanted: food & stuff for the 2007 mag fall swap

Woo hoo! Thanks, Jen!

Alfie the Delegator

(There's no point in me putting anything down right now, because I'll just change my mind 24 times before now and then anyway. All I want to say is, somebody (you know who you are!) better bring her German apple tart.)

Please count me in for one pan of brownies WITH nuts.I will also bring some TP and some grocery bags to be used as garbage bags-small but effective.
heather

I'm in for Pasta Salad and Texas Sheetcake.

Jen

40+ Hot dogs & rolls. If you want condiments with that, I really hope some one else will bring them. I'm a purist :)

Not being the master chef and baker that Vlad was, I will bring papers supplies and condiments. That should be safe enough! Being a great fan of charred animal flesh, I will indulge in hot dogs and hamburgers and volunteer to help at the grill. Is there one there? I don't have one to bring, unfortunately.

Eric

There is a grill. One of those metal-grill-on-a-stand types you find in parks. (Or at least there was, the last time I checked. Maybe I should check again. If there isn't, I will bring a grill.)

I can bring plates and cups and I might make some raisin/oatmeal cookies (With NO nuts of course! Why ruin good cookies with nuts???)
Rats, I wish the Cider Barrel was still open! :(

I'll bring some grilled veggies for the veggiesaurs (and anyone else who likes 'em). I'll see if my better half will make some of her deeelicious chocolate chip cookies.

Babaganoush w/ pomegranates
Pita bread
Tabouli salad

I'll bring a cold broccoli slaw salad.

Is somebody bringing charcoal? We might have an old bag in the shed, but I can't guarantee that it will light, if we do. I will also bring a grill. There used to be grills there, but when I looked yesterday, they were gone.

I will also bring cheesecake.

I'll bring crackers and cheese.
Madeleine

OK! I've got cups and plates, plus I will be bringing some oatmeal/raisin cookies.
(info for allergy sufferers: NO nuts)

I guess I'll bring charcoal and starter. And burgers (organic grass-fed - good!) and buns for them.

Just posting to let folks know that I can't make the swap (family emergency) and that means that if you guys want hot dogs someone else will need to bring them :-( I'm truly sorry to miss it, but know you all will have fun!

Post a Follow-Up
Your Name:

Your Email Address:

Zone (optional):

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link: Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Comments (15)

• alfie_md6
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Food and Stuff List for

the 2007 Fall MAG Swap

This is the secret to our great swaps - those who don't bring PLANTS bring FOOD. Preferably homemade and loaded with calories 'cause it's tough work doing all that trading and socializing. Extra points for food with chocolate. And if you have no plants and no talent in the kitchen, we still need supplies, and drinks, and ice, and potato chips.....

Non-food Needs:

Self-adhesive labels for participants (Nothing fancy, old Floppy Disk labels work well, for example).

a few non-gardening husbands or partners to run the grill (makes 'em feel useful).

Utensils.

Food:

Beverages

Appetizers

Main Courses

Brownies

Other desserts

Also, this is a great place to show off your very special recipes that your family won't touch, like lavender flavored shortbread or zucchini fudge or whatever - CAUSE IN THE INTERESTS OF BOTANICAL SCIENCE, WE'LL EAT IT!

Questions? just include them in your post here, or feel free to post them here. Someone will surely jump in!

Have fun finding new homes for your surplus plants and discovering new plants you didn't know you needed!

• maders
    16 years ago

Food and Stuff List for

the 2007 Fall MAG Swap

Non-food Needs:

Utensils.

Food:

Beverages

Appetizers

Main Courses

Brownies

Other desserts

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Woo hoo! Thanks, Jen!

Alfie the Delegator

(There's no point in me putting anything down right now, because I'll just change my mind 24 times before now and then anyway. All I want to say is, somebody (you know who you are!) better bring her German apple tart.)

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

Please count me in for one pan of brownies WITH nuts.I will also bring some TP and some grocery bags to be used as garbage bags-small but effective.
    heather

• riderup
    16 years ago

I'm in for Pasta Salad and Texas Sheetcake.

Jen

• alfie_md6
    16 years ago

40+ Hot dogs & rolls. If you want condiments with that, I really hope some one else will bring them. I'm a purist :)

• dawnstorm
    16 years ago

Not being the master chef and baker that Vlad was, I will bring papers supplies and condiments. That should be safe enough! Being a great fan of charred animal flesh, I will indulge in hot dogs and hamburgers and volunteer to help at the grill. Is there one there? I don't have one to bring, unfortunately.

Eric

• howndawg
    16 years ago

There is a grill. One of those metal-grill-on-a-stand types you find in parks. (Or at least there was, the last time I checked. Maybe I should check again. If there isn't, I will bring a grill.)

• busyasabee
    16 years ago

I can bring plates and cups and I might make some raisin/oatmeal cookies (With NO nuts of course! Why ruin good cookies with nuts???)
    Rats, I wish the Cider Barrel was still open! :(

• gardnwatch
    16 years ago

I'll bring some grilled veggies for the veggiesaurs (and anyone else who likes 'em). I'll see if my better half will make some of her deeelicious chocolate chip cookies.

• alfie_md6
    16 years ago

Babaganoush w/ pomegranates
    Pita bread
    Tabouli salad

• madeleinef
    16 years ago

I'll bring a cold broccoli slaw salad.

• dawnstorm
    16 years ago

Is somebody bringing charcoal? We might have an old bag in the shed, but I can't guarantee that it will light, if we do. I will also bring a grill. There used to be grills there, but when I looked yesterday, they were gone.

I will also bring cheesecake.

• annebert
    16 years ago

I'll bring crackers and cheese.
    Madeleine

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

OK! I've got cups and plates, plus I will be bringing some oatmeal/raisin cookies.
    (info for allergy sufferers: NO nuts)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor