cfmuehling

wanted: acquasco fall mag wants list

cfmuehling
17 years ago

Aquasco Swap: Plants you Want List

for The First Annual Aquasco Fall Plant Swap

Sept. 30, 2006

DIRECTIONS for the WANTS list:

0. If you're new to the swaps, please take the time and have the courtesy to read these posts. They're here to help everyone have a good time.

1. Do NOT arrange the swap or trade on this thread.

2. Post a list of the plants you WANT, ideally with Latin names to avoid confusion, and cultivar names if they have them and you know what they are. Yes, you can also list other garden stuff, such as seeds, tools or books, that you wish to swap for. And if you really have nothing to swap, yes you are still invited! Just bring something for the pot luck lunch (see the Aquasco Swap: Food and Stuff list.)

3. Read other people's lists. If you see things you want and would like to swap or trade for, e-mail the person directly to arrange it.

4. Do NOT post a list of plants that you HAVE for swapping or trading on this list. That's what the Aquasco Swap: Plants you Have list is for.

5. Do NOT discuss who will be bringing what kind of chocolate (or other food) to the swap. There is a separate Aquasco Swap: Food and Stuff list for that.

6. Do update your member page with your Haves and Wants; feel free to link your post here to any Plant Exchange page you may have.

7. UPDATE your posting here. These entries are editable, so if your Wants changes (because you've already pre-arranged a swap), or you've discovered additional plants without which your garden is not complete, please edit you existing post, rather than making a new post further down the list. It's just simpler that way.

8. When you discover a plant at the swap which you want ASK about it. Some plants are "special," and only available for an equally special plant, or are reserved already. Other plants may be free for the taking, but ASK FIRST. (Sorry that needs to be said; We'd have thought it self-evident, but unhappy traders after the fact have proved us wrong.)

9. Questions? just include them in your post here, or feel free to eMail Vlad.

1. Have fun discovering new plants you didn't know you needed and finding new homes for your surplus plants!

Did I forget anything? Of course! So, let me know so I can fix it!

Wishing everyone a great swap! Happy gardening,

- vladislav

Vlad's Page

(For directions, MapQuest:

22300 Aquasco Road (Md route 381)

Aquasco, MD 20608.)

Comments (12)

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Wanted: someone who grows herbs to either:
    A: bring some labled pieces of herbs for me to study and learn names
    OR
    B: try to identify peices of my herbs if I bring them to the swap
    There may be others who would appreciate this too. Anybody willing would not need to be too much of an expert to help me. Rosemary and chives are about the only ones I feel sure of.

• tabassam
    17 years ago

Hi all, I am looking for mildew resistant phloxes, hostas, any hydrangeas, catmint, echinaceas, shasta daisies, coral bells, daylilies, irises.
    Tabby

• avoirgold
    17 years ago

Crocus
    Daffodil
    Hyacinth
    Tulips
    Bulbs of any kind that don't have to be dug up every year.

Agastache
    Astilbe
    Daisy (Shasta, any)
    Epimedium
    Hellebore
    Heuchera
    Phlox (Tall)
    Rosemary
    Tiarella

Really anything that isn't too invasive or needy. I love interesting foliage as much as blooming plants. Purple is my favorite for foliage or flowers. I could also use more shade plants. Anything for under a maple or in a naturalized area.

See link for bigger list and list of haves.

Jen

Here is a link that might be useful: Jen's Trade List

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

My list is "extensive and flexible". That translates into, "I'll try almost anything that is green". LOL, that's both yard/garden and houseplants
    Things I'm really wishing for include:
    bamboo poles
    hollyhocks
    crepe myrtle, especially white but I'll be happy with any
    Houseplants, my new house has a sun room and I'm trying to fill it up with plants

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm hoping to find some:
    Lobelia
    Agastache
    Nicotina
    forget-me-nots (love them!)
    and I'm interested in sorbet-colored hollyhocks.
    I'd love to try some of the coleus you can't overwinter. My kitty who ate houseplants and threw up died in our fire.
    Thanks,
    Christine
    Thanks, guys.

• oscarthecat
    17 years ago

Awhite budleia
    Budleia: Black knight

Steve in Baltimore County

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

I am looking for :

Daylilys.. no common ditch type. I have those already.

Iris.. any color, size

Thank you,

Bonnie

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

Wants:
    Catnip--make my three bosses happy kitties ;)
    Obedience plant
    Daisy (any kind)

• laschlee
    17 years ago

Wants: anything that might do well in partial to full shade in a container - sadly, I left my sunny little townhouse garden for a shady condo balcony. Had to leave the roses, the hollyhocks, the morning glories -- boo hoo!

• braspadya
    17 years ago

I'd love another bunch of Pachysandra. I saw it on KimKa's list, but couldn't find any way to email her directly.

I'd also be happy to get more Lobelia for my bog garden.

See you all on Saturday,

Dan

• kimka
    17 years ago

I thought my email was in my post (jkkaplan@erols.com). But Dan, I'll be happy to bring you a bag of Pachysandra. Do you want a big blue lobellia plant or Cardinal flower lobelia seeds? I can put you down for either.

Kim Ka

• howndawg
    17 years ago

Nothing like posting at the last minute!I know it will be difficult to arrange any trades at this late date. I have always relied on the kindess of my fellow gardeners (sorry for the Tennessee Williams paraphrasing)

I'm looking for plants that will do well on a small hill under a fruit tree. I'm especially interested in plants that attract butterflies and birds, but I'm not picky at this point!

Also interested in herbs for the same area and that I can keep in containers as well.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida