Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: haves fall 2012 mag swap

Posted by kimka z6B (jkkaplan@erols.com) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 8:53

2012 Fall MAG Swap: Plants you Have List
Saturday October 6, 2012 from 10am to 1pm
at KimKa's in Silver Spring, MD. See the Swap announcement on the main MAG page for directions.

Typical MAG Swap Instructions (I know that nobody ever reads instructions, including me. But please read them anyway):

HAVES LIST DOs and DON'Ts:

DO post a list of the plants you HAVE on this thread. Please add Latin names and cultivar names, as applicable, if you can.

DO list any other garden stuff, such as seeds, tools, pots, magazines, books, and gnomes, that you wish to swap or give away. Somebody else might want it!

DO read other people's lists. If you see things you want, please e-mail the person directly via private e-mail to arrange the trade. To e-mail the person, click on their name at the top of their post.

DO update your lists when you think of more things you want.

DO feel free to update your member page with your Haves and Wants and to link your post here to any Plant Exchange page you may have.

DO NOT arrange trades on this thread. Please arrange them via private e-mail.

DO NOT use this thread your Wants. That's what the Want: 2012 MAG Fall Swap thread is for.

DOs and DON'Ts for the SWAP:

DO wear a nametag.

DO label your motor vehicle with a big, visible label.

DO mark reserved plants (i.e., plants which you already arranged a trade for) so that other people do not take them by mistake.

DO label your plants. The plant labels do not need to be fancy. Popsicle sticks, plastic spoons, or masking tape are fine.

DO take plants labeled “Free” or “Please Take”. (In fact, PLEASE DO take plants labeled “Free" or “Please Take”.)

DO ask if you are not sure whether it is ok for you to take the plants.

DO, when you leave, take home (or sneak into somebody else’s vehicle) the plants you brought that nobody wanted.

DO NOT take anything marked "Reserved" or labeled for someone else.

DO NOT leave any unwanted plants for Gardengramma to have to deal with.

FAQ #1: CAN I COME EVEN THOUGH I DON’T HAVE ANY PLANTS TO TRADE?

Answer: Yes, you can come even though you don't have any plants to trade. Your main assignment is to bring food or other items for the pot luck. (Chocolate-containing foods are strongly encouraged.) Please discuss your potluck contributions at the MAG Spring Swap Food thread, not here. Also, note that, in many cases, the reason people are bringing these particular plants to the swap for you to take home is because the plants are, um, "vigorous." In a few years, you, too, will have lots of plants to trade.

Happy gardening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: haves fall 2012 mag swap

Let's just say I bought a few too many of these when they were deeply discounted. Happy to find new homes.
Tassel Ferns (Polystichum polyblepharum)
Japanese Painted Ferns (Athyrium niponicum var. pictum)

o

Let's just say I bought a few too many when they were deeply discouned. Happy to find new homes.
Japanese Painted Ferns (Athyrium niponicum var. pictum)
Tassel Ferns (Polystichum polyblepharum)

o

Daysquid.

You do not have an email link enabled on Your Member page. But I would love to swap for your tassel fern. See my list on the havs thread that I just posted.

o

One small crepe myrtle seedling (10 inches, but grows fast) pink flowers probably Seminole
One Bignonia capreolata 'Tangerine Beauty' Cross Vine
Yellow flowering trumpet vine
Great blue lobila (perennial) blooming size plants
Obedient plant, pink flowering (dug to order)
Wood poppy
Lemon balm (best as a pot plant, can be invasive)

o

so far this is what I have, probably will add more as I clean my garden:
rose of sharons (purple flowers) -
japanese anemone (pink flowers)
hostas - different types
daylillies - (dark red flowers)
phlox (white)
turtlehead (pink)
lambs ears
and Ageratum (floss flowers)- annual, but has lots of seeds you can drop for next year.

Jette

o

Shasta Daisies galore...these have done well in semi shade and sun
Perennial Ageratum - these are very hardy, and somewhat invasive but can be easily yanked
More to follow...

o

I screwed up and listed as a have the wrong plant

Instead of Bignonia capreolata 'Tangerine Beauty' Cross Vine what I have are several

Campsis, Trumpet Creeper Morning Calm

v

o

We might come by, but it will be a last minute decision. If we come, it will be with loads of great blue lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica) that we have to thin out. Along with whatever else we can dig out.

Larry

o

Haves;

tall pink phlox
everbearing raspberry
ground cover sedums
tall sedum similar to autumn joy, but darker pink
lots of plastic pots of various sizes (please let me know which size you'd like)

o

Have:
Fig tree (approx 1 foot tall)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here