Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Directions to the swap

Posted by alfie_md6 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 10:04

The MAG Forum Fall Swap and Browniefest Extravaganza will be at Black Hill Regional Park in Boyds, Maryland, on Saturday, September 29, from 10 am until all the hot dogs have been eaten.

For directions to the swap, you can type "[your address] to Black Hill Regional Park MD" into Google Maps http://maps.google.com/maps

Once you turn into the park from West Old Baltimore Road, keep going on the same road (Lake Ridge Dr) until you get to the SECOND parking lot on the right (across from the Shelter E parking lot). This is the parking lot belonging to the Nature Center (where the bathrooms are). I will put a sign saying "MAG Plant Swap" on the sign next to the parking lot entrance -- unless the park police take it down.

(For people who have been to previous swaps at Black Hill Park: this is a different parking lot from the last times. I was worried that the other parking lot was too small, and people would have to park illegally on the grass.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Directions to the swap

Whoops! I only realized last night that the four-year-old has a swimming lesson Saturday morning. So there's no way that we can be there before 10:30 at the earliest. People can still come at 10:00, of course, but there won't be a sign yet. I really, really apologize.

o

Alfie, could you stop by and post the sign before the swimming lesson? If not, I'm sure 10:30 is fine, just thinking about those who get there a little early and might end up in the wrong spot. (I'm never early.)

o

Another option is to put the sign up the night before if the park will allow that.

Jen

o

I'm pretty close to this area, do you want me to post the sign alfie? i can't believe you have a four year old, time goes fast

-k

o

Thanks, Kathleen, but what if the spot you think we're going to isn't the spot I think we're going to?

I will try very hard to get the sign up before the swimming lesson. Let's say there's 90% chance.

o

I can't make it this fall again!!!!! Boo! Hoo!

Jan

o

Another change -- I can't make it to the swap at all, due to a sudden family emergency. I really, really, really apologize. I hope everybody gets to the right place. For the people who were at the other swaps: it's the parking lot right after the parking lot we had the other swaps at. Maybe somebody can come early and bring a sign?

o

I have a family emergency too. (And, no I am not related to Alfie.) So I hope someone else will bring hot dogs :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here