Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: A Question for the Swappers

Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 14:22

I checked with Vlad, and he asked me to check with others. If I have enough room, I'd like to bring Pan (my "small" Great Dane) along to the swap. She is a total mommy's girl, and if I leave her home alone with DH, he might be driven half nuts by the time I come back.

She is good with people, including small humans, other dogs, cats and ferrets (scared of horses, though). She is otherwise well behaved, won't jump up on people or anything, and is excellent on-leash or off.

If you are not comfortable around large dogs, please let me know. It is not my intent to ruin anyone else's day.

Suja

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: A Question for the Swappers

I vote yes! I love animals of any kind and big dogs are very cool!

Jen

o

I sure have no objections. I'm a dog person and partial to Great Danes. Sounds like good company.

o

I have Belgian Malinois and a Doberman; I think I can handle having a great dane around!
No I'm not bringing any of my jokers to the swap!

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 18, 06 at 10:42

Gardeners are dog people too! Thanks, guys. I did want to say that it's okay to let me know privately if you want to nix the idea. I won't tell, and since this is one of those 'space permitting' things, no one will ever know if she couldn't come because of space issues or a veto.

For those who enjoy doggie pics, here's Pan, playing Panda, thanks to a bunch of silly little girls.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While she wouldn't know what to do with a bunny (I have a picture of her and an eeevil bunny in a stare down), she is a mighty slayer of dragons.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

she's beautiful (even if I am a cat person)! bring her!

o

I've met Pan and she's sweet. Thinks she's a smaller dog, but what's funny is when she sits on the couch like a human. Just backs up and puts her butt on it.

Good to see her -- and you -- again!
Christine

o

I dunno, Suja, Pan looks awfully vicious! ;) Might want to keep her at home! ;)

*removes tongue from cheek*

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 25, 06 at 17:20

Dawn, you wouldn't be mocking my vicious guard doggy, would you? I'm gonna ask her to save up some extra drool just for you.

Suja

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here