busyasabee_gardenweb

have: food list for mag fall 2005: sat, october 15th @ ssfs

busyasabee
18 years ago

16923 Norwood Road, Sandy Springs, MD 20860

Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2005

Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm ?????

Grand Poobah: Prof. Dirt

The MAG Fall 2005 Swap is coming around soon, and I haven't seen a Food List yet, so here goes:

I will bring the following food to the Fall 2005 MAG Swap:

babaganoush

pita bread

green salad

Comments (28)

• kimka
    18 years ago

As promised, I will bring a big Bravarian apple tart (typo intentional by tradition) and fly dome to keep the yellow jackets off.

• faerieannette
    18 years ago

I plan on bringing brownies

• madsquopper
    18 years ago

Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles (again). Boring.

Larry

• dawnstorm
    18 years ago

I'll bring some bean dip--from the looks of the nearly empty dish at the last swap, y'all really liked it!

• alfie_md6
    18 years ago

Mr. Alfie's Aunt Sis's cheesecake (unless I change my mind).

• cecilia_md7a
    18 years ago

Probably my pasta salad again. There wasn't much left over, so people must have liked it!

• vladpup
    18 years ago

G'Day!

What would y'all like? Home-baked bread? Espresso-cocoa-banana-raisin bread cake? Peaches-and-riccotta noodle kugul? Pesto pizza? i will bring one or more of these.

(Alphie - 'fess up; "unless I change my mind" means you MEANT to bring it but it majically disappeared during the night while you were sleepwalking.)

Happy gardening!
    -vlad

• chrismd
    18 years ago

Courtesy of Alfie, who bought the last package of French green lentils from Whole Foods, I will be bringing Lentil Tofu Salad. Seems to be popular as it was all gone before I even got to the table at Garden Granma's swap this spring.

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

Hot Dogs! Rolls! And I think I left the condiments at the spring swap.....??

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I will bring a 7- layer taco salad with chips.
    Bonnie

• ryanzone7
    18 years ago

Any condiments, plants, small pets, left at last years spring swap have ether been eaten, thrown out or composted.
    (nobody left any small pets at last years fall swap)
    For this years swap I'll ether have a wood fired grill going or a barrowed gas grill and I'll supply lots'o'ice, apart from that, "I" don't do food.(also no utensils will be provided by me, I do prefer *read request* rigid paper plates and waxed paper cups be brought since these can be composted with ease) There will also be a tent, tables and NO guarantees about the bees (who also show up every year and this year I expect them to be extra fierce because of all the construction that has gone on at the school)
    ialbtc

• ryanzone7
    18 years ago

Excuse me as I meant to post "Any condiments, plants, small pets, left at last years FALL swap have ether been eaten, thrown out or composted.
    I doubt that any pets left at last years spring swap have 'been eaten, thrown out or composted.'(the pets were just too sweet to eat)

(I miss jasper)

ialbtc

• gardengranma
    18 years ago

Let me know what the condiments were, and I'll bring them. If we have as many people as we had at the spring swap, we may need lots of hamburgers and two grills. I proposed via e-mail to professor dirt to have two gas grills. I'll be happy to bring one and hamburgers and rolls. Any thoughts?

• Lesathummercrossing
    18 years ago

OK GardenGranma

Ill bring the Hamburgs again

Les

• ryanzone7
    18 years ago

You can e-mail me through "the soil under ground-ialbtc" (do a google on "the soil under ground-ialbtc")
    ialbtc

• lwood321
    18 years ago

I'll bring squash bread (zuchini bread made with summer squash). I can also bring paper plates and plastic ware if needed.

• lvmygrdn
    18 years ago

I just went through some recipes and pulled some out. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. I am thinking of bringing sesame noodles, a vegetable salad of some sort, of course, something chocolate. hmmmm what else? Is someone bringing paper plates? forks?

Ree

• busyasabee
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have culled through the Have: Food List and so far this is what people are bringing:

Desserts:
    Bravarian apple tart
    brownies
    Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles
    Mr. Alfie's Aunt Sis' cheesecake
    Espresso-cocoa-banana-raisin bread cake or Peaches-and-riccotta noodle kugul
    squash bread (zuchini bread made with summer squash)

Dishes:
    babaganoush
    pita bread
    bean dip
    Hot Dogs & Rolls
    Hamburgers and rolls
    Hamburgs
    sesame noodles

Salads:
    green salad
    pasta salad
    Lentil Tofu Salad
    7- layer taco salad with chips
    vegetable salad of some sort

Condiments:

Paper Plates/Utensils/Cups, etc:

Hardware:
    wood fired grill or a barrowed gas grill

• giverny
    18 years ago

I'll bring fruit and a dip.

• spanaval
    18 years ago

I don't know if I'll have time to do this, but I can attempt an Indian style Chicken Pulao, and Raita.

• vicki_b
    18 years ago

I am bringing Baked beans

• brubeckgal
    18 years ago

True professor dirt doesn't "do" food, but his wife lives for food. I am bringing Moroccan Chickpea Soup, focaccia, compostable bowls and plastic spoons.

• cecilia_md7a
    18 years ago

Is anybody bringing beverages, or is this something we (I) need to address?

• treehouse
    18 years ago

That's easy. I'll bring some water and iced tea.

Jan

• lvmygrdn
    18 years ago

This is my first swap and I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. I will also bring potato salad along with the sesame noodles and brownies. Talk about carbs! LOL

• foodeefish
    18 years ago

I'll bring blueberry Struessel sticks as I do not have many plants to trade.

• cmarlow41
    18 years ago

I'll bring iced tea and another grill.

• rosewomann
    18 years ago

I'll be bringing the usual humus & some brownies.
    Rose