busyasabee_gardenweb

WANTED: want list for mag fall 2005: sat, october 15th, @ ssfs

busyasabee
18 years ago

16923 Norwood Road, Sandy Springs, MD 20860

Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2005

Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm ???

Grand Poobah: Prof. Dirt

This is the plants WANT list for the SSFS MAG Fall Swap 2005 at Sandy Springs Friends School on Saturday, October 15th, 2005.

I have cut/paste Chris's guidelines from years past regarding WANT List for MAG Swap.

Posted by ChrisMD 7 (My Page) on Sat, Jul 31, 04 at 17:33

DIRECTIONS for the WANT list:

1. Post a list of the plants you want, ideally with Latin names to avoid confusion, and cultivar names if they have them and you know what they are.

2. Read other people's lists. If you see things you want and would like to swap or trade for, e-mail the person to arrange it.

3. Do NOT arrange the swap or trade on this thread.

4. Do NOT post a list of plants that you HAVE for swapping or trading on this list. There is a separate HAVE thread for this purpose.

5. Do NOT discuss who will be bringing what kind of Bavarian apple tart food to the swap. There is a separate HAVE thread for food.

6. Do update your member page with your Haves and Wants.

Comments (17)

• cfmuehling
    18 years ago

Don't forget that this thread was begun previously here by me, who in my enthusiasm, put it in as October 18. However, those patient with me have already begun their wants/haves, so don't forget to check it!

(Unless some moderator can merge the threads....)

Thanks,
    Christine

• cfmuehling
    18 years ago

Well, believe it or not, I don't need any liriope or ditch lilies, but will always take them off your hands for my neighbors. I've guilted them into thinking about their own, overgrown roadsides! Yeah!!!

I would love to give the following items new homes:

Soaker hoses
    Bricks (hopefully the holeless paver type, but I'm not picky)
    Any crocosmia
    Any Kniphofia (torch lily, red hot poker flower)
    Any spiderwort (Love it!)
    Any obedient plant (It loves me!)
    Any Lobelia
    Bears Britches
    Asters, Purple Dome or the burgundy type
    Chameleon plant (Houtyinia..?)
    Creeping Jenny (I need 14 plugs :)
    Pennesitum 'National Arboreteum'

The voles ate the root ball off my Hosta 'Great Expectations' and Heuchera 'Raspberry Swirl.' I'd love pieces of these, if anyone has any to share.

As always, think of me with your invasive items.
    I look forward to seeing everyone! :)

Thanks,
    Christine

• spanaval
    18 years ago

I never know what I want, and basically check the Haves list to see what folks have. Basically, perennials that are orange, red, yellow and purple/blue. Preferably tough as nails. Also, anything deer resistant that likes living in the woods (both dry and wet shade).

• tabassam
    18 years ago

Hi Suja, I'm interested in your Monarda Jacob Kline, Salvia blue cloud, Calamintha Sylvatica, Lamb's Ears, Nepeta 'Dawn to Dusk', Yellow Aquilegia and Anemone Robustissima

I also have wants for:
    sum & substance hosta
    variegated hydrangea
    variegated holly
    acanthus
    artemisia 'Guizho'
    sedum 'Altropurpureum
    sedum spurium 'Dragon's Blood'
    polygonatum 'thunbergii'

• busyasabee
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'll take whatever I can get at the swap, and also I am specifically looking for the following:

Lambs Ears
    Hostas (any variety)
    Candytuft (Iberis sempervirens)
    Obedient plant (Physostegia virginiana)
    Monkshood (Aconitum napellus)
    Spirea Neon Flash
    Pink malva moschata rosea
    Bee Balm (Monarda)
    Mountain laurel (Kalmia latifolia)
    Purple Poppy Mallow (Callirhoe involucrata)
    Cosmos sulphureus seeds
    Tuberose (pearl)
    Tuberose (double and singles)

• vladpup
    18 years ago

G'Day!
    My want list is for, in order of want;

Perennial edibles (fruits, veggies, herbs) - ANY
    Perennial herbs (or seeds for annuals)
    Perennial ornimentals, blues and purples
    Perennial Shade plants
    Perennial ornimentals, any other colours
    Perennial anything else i've forgotten
    (Detect a theme here?)

See my Exchange page for details; it's reasonably up-to-date. There are over 100 plants under my Wants, which i thought was way too long to cut-and-paste into here. Basicaly, if it's a perennial not specifically listed under Haves on my Exchange Page, i would like some! (i have asterisked my special Wants on my Exchange Page.)

i have nearly an acre of garden beds i am working to fill, so there is room for just about anything!

Any questions? Just send me an e-mail; the answer will probably be yes. Looking forward to seeing y'all at the swap!

Happy gardening!
    -vladpup

Here is a link that might be useful: vladpup's exchange page

• treehouse
    18 years ago

I need gallon pots, and maybe some 2 or 3 gallon size. I plan to put in a deck and I need to move tons of stuff.

I think I want to adventure into bulbs for spring. Anything will work; I just need to know color and plant height.

Jan

• faerieannette
    18 years ago

As a few of you may know. I am a new garden junkie. I just love it despite struggling with my 10 years of weed and brush growth. I have stared with nothing and now have high hopes an the little ones I have planted. People have so very generously given me lots of things. I have still some how managed to break the bank on my yard. Soil amending, 2 failed grass seeding attempts, irritable sales on discounted plants.. I am rambling. My husband kids that it would be cheaper if I where addicted to cocaine and I remind myself that there will be no garden to enjoy if the mortgage is not paid. Anyway what I guess I am trying to say is that I am dedicated to gardening and though I may not have any plants to bring this year I am excited about coming I hope to bring many plants next year. I would very much like to talk to other about gardening. (my husband smiles and nods) If anyone has any extra plants that will tolerate shade/part shade well I would just love them. Please consider putting my name on them.

Thanks again,

Annette

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

Annette..
    Most of us usually have extras we bring to the swap regardless of whether we swap or give them away.
    I know I will have some extra's and will be glad to give them to you. Just look for the red Ford escape and me..
    Bonnie

• lvmygrdn
    18 years ago

I feel foolish to put down wants when I won't be bringing a truckload of plants with me. I will bring food and what plants I can. I will be happy with most anything. My garden tends to be blue/purple/pink and is sun to part shade. I would love columbine (in any shade). Thank goodness for this rain. I will be able to dig this weekend. :-) See you all on the 15th! Thanks Ree

• gardnwatch
    18 years ago

I don't know about anyone else...but my garden tends to get overgrown at times and I just need/want to thin it out occasionally...so it's better for me to know that I can dig it out and give the plants to someone who I know will appreciate them, than to throw them out. There's no need to feel guilty if you don't bring plants. Maybe we should re-name the swap.. "Swap and Giveaway"... for those that feel uncomfortable in taking plants home with them when they can only bring food.

Bonnie

• lwood321
    18 years ago

I'm trying to plant more natives, so I'm looking for sun-loving native perennials and shrubs:
    wax myrtle (Myrica cerifera)
    low and high bush blueberries (Vaccinium angustifolium or V. corymbosum - variety that can handle well-drained soil?)
    Blue phlox (Phlox divaricata)
    Flame Azaleas (Rhododendron calendulaceum)
    Wild blue indigo (Baptisia australis)
    Blue eyed grass (Sisyrinchium graminoides)
    Wild columbine (Aquilegia canadensis)
    Flowering dogwood (Cornus florida)
    Redbud (Cercis canadensis)
    Shadbush (Amelanchier canadensis or arborea or laevis)
    Black-eyed Susans
    Purple Coneflower
    Beebalm
    wild bergamot
    New England Aster or other native asters
    Liatris
    Butterfly weed (Asclepias incarnata)

I'd also love to start a blackberry or raspberry hedge, if they don't have thorns.

• braspadya
    18 years ago

Here are some items on my wish list:

- plastic pots, 2 gallon or larger sizes
    -pachysandra
    -epimedium
    -other plants for dry shady conditions

Dan

• lwood321
    18 years ago

I want to edit my wants list to include Asclepias tuberosa instead of incarnata. I don't have have wet soils on my property. Sorry about that!

• giverny
    18 years ago

It looks like I'll make the swap, but will be late. So, those of you with all the extras, if you have anything for shade and could put one aside for me till I get there, I would love it!! Thanks, Mea/Giverny

• madeleinef
    18 years ago

Wanted: anything that could be used for stepping stones, natives, sedges, perennial edibles, groundcovers.

• stephsgarden
    18 years ago

I have a brand new yard, so I will take about anything--except mint. I have already learned that lesson. ;) I especially want siberian irises, hostas, roses and anything for a new shade bed. Thanks!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio