Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alfie_md6

have: mag 2011 fall swap: plants you have

alfie_md6
12 years ago

2011 Fall MAG Swap: Plants you Have List

Saturday October 8, 2011 from 9 am to 12 am

in Parking Lot 3 (by Shelters D/E/F) at Black Hill Regional Park in Boyds, Maryland (see link below)

DIRECTIONS (I know that nobody ever reads directions, including me. But please read them anyway.)

HAVES LIST DOs and DON'Ts:

DO post a list of the plants you HAVE on this thread. Please add Latin names and cultivar names, as applicable, if you can.

DO list any other garden stuff, such as seeds, tools, magazines, books, and gnomes, that you wish to swap or give away. Somebody else might want it!

DO read other people's lists. If you see things you want, please e-mail the person directly via private e-mail to arrange the trade. To e-mail the person, click on their name at the top of their post.

DO update your lists when you think of more things you want.

DO feel free to update your member page with your Haves and Wants and to link your post here to any Plant Exchange page you may have.

DO NOT arrange trades on this thread. Please arrange them via private e-mail.

DO NOT use this thread your Wants. That's what the MAG 2011 Fall Swap: Plants You Want thread is for.

DOs and DON'Ts for the SWAP:

DO mark reserved plants (i.e., plants which you already arranged a trade for) so that other people do not take them by mistake.

DO label your plants. The plant labels do not need to be fancy. Popsicle sticks, plastic spoons, etc. are fine.

DO take plants labeled "Free" or "Please Take". (In fact, PLEASE do take plants labeled "Free" or "Please Take".)

DO ask if you are not sure whether it is ok for you to take the plants.

DO, when you leave, take home (or sneak into somebody else's vehicle) the plants you brought that nobody wanted.

DO NOT take anything marked "Reserved" or labeled for someone else.

DO NOT leave the plants you brought that nobody wanted for other people to have to deal with.

FAQ #1: CAN I COME EVEN THOUGH I DON'T HAVE ANY PLANTS TO TRADE?

Answer: Yes, you can come even though you don't have any plants to trade. Your main assignment is to bring food or other items for the pot luck. (Chocolate-containing foods are strongly encouraged.) Please discuss your potluck contributions at the MAG Fall Swap Food thread, not here. Also, note that, in many cases, the reason why people are bringing these particular plants to the swap for you to take home is because the plants are, um, "vigorous". In a few years, you, too, will have lots of plants to trade.

Happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Hill Regional Park

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner