Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: mag 2011 fall swap: plants you have

Posted by alfie_md6 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 21:05

2011 Fall MAG Swap: Plants you Have List

Saturday October 8, 2011 from 9 am to 12 am
in Parking Lot 3 (by Shelters D/E/F) at Black Hill Regional Park in Boyds, Maryland (see link below)

DIRECTIONS (I know that nobody ever reads directions, including me. But please read them anyway.)

HAVES LIST DOs and DON'Ts:

DO post a list of the plants you HAVE on this thread. Please add Latin names and cultivar names, as applicable, if you can.

DO list any other garden stuff, such as seeds, tools, magazines, books, and gnomes, that you wish to swap or give away. Somebody else might want it!

DO read other people's lists. If you see things you want, please e-mail the person directly via private e-mail to arrange the trade. To e-mail the person, click on their name at the top of their post.

DO update your lists when you think of more things you want.

DO feel free to update your member page with your Haves and Wants and to link your post here to any Plant Exchange page you may have.

DO NOT arrange trades on this thread. Please arrange them via private e-mail.

DO NOT use this thread your Wants. That's what the MAG 2011 Fall Swap: Plants You Want thread is for.

DOs and DON'Ts for the SWAP:

DO mark reserved plants (i.e., plants which you already arranged a trade for) so that other people do not take them by mistake.

DO label your plants. The plant labels do not need to be fancy. Popsicle sticks, plastic spoons, etc. are fine.

DO take plants labeled "Free" or "Please Take". (In fact, PLEASE do take plants labeled "Free" or "Please Take".)

DO ask if you are not sure whether it is ok for you to take the plants.

DO, when you leave, take home (or sneak into somebody else's vehicle) the plants you brought that nobody wanted.

DO NOT take anything marked "Reserved" or labeled for someone else.

DO NOT leave the plants you brought that nobody wanted for other people to have to deal with.

FAQ #1: CAN I COME EVEN THOUGH I DON'T HAVE ANY PLANTS TO TRADE?

Answer: Yes, you can come even though you don't have any plants to trade. Your main assignment is to bring food or other items for the pot luck. (Chocolate-containing foods are strongly encouraged.) Please discuss your potluck contributions at the MAG Fall Swap Food thread, not here. Also, note that, in many cases, the reason why people are bringing these particular plants to the swap for you to take home is because the plants are, um, "vigorous". In a few years, you, too, will have lots of plants to trade.

Happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Black Hill Regional Park

Follow-Up Postings:

o
HAVE: tropical trees and swap plants

I need to find a new home for 2 large (5 foot) grapefruit and avocado trees that are in large pots ASAP. They want some TLC and a sunny location inside for the winter. PLEASE email me right away if you can give them a home. I can bring them to the swap or to your house if it is nearby.

HAVES For swap (let me know what to dig for you!):
white snakeroot 'Chocolate' seedlings
threadleaf coreopsis
blue fescue
pussytoes
green and gold
pink swamp milkweed seeds
sundrops
assorted groundcovers (phlox, sedum, mazus)
golden ragwort
comfrey
herb robert geranium
wild ginger
asters
Canada anemone
strawberries (originally from Vlad)

o
RE: have: mag 2011 fall swap: plants you have

Swamp milkweed seeds for soulmate (pink) and ice ballet (white)
Amsonia tabernaemontana Montana (2 well rooted divisions)
Great blue lobelia plants
Cardinal flower seeds
Obedient plants (dug by request)
In door seed starting sets (wicking mat style, well used)
One large tomato cage
Gobs of plastic pots 4-18 inches (will bring by request)

o

In quickly looking over my neglected garden, these are what I have available. Let me know what I need to dig.

autumn joy sedum
various types of sedums (bronze carpet, stonecrop (yellow star flowers), etc)
daylillies (red flowers)
chocolate mint
columbines
milkweed (pink flowers)
various types of hostas
mexican evening primrose (light pink/white flowers)olf p

seeds (cleomes)

o

Variegated Hosta (green and white)
Black Eyed Susan
Stella D'oro Daylily

o

One small Anemone "Honorine Jobert"

o

August lilies
Holly (male I think) seedling
unknown shrub (silver leaf??) seedling
Various diverse stuff for garden and home

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here