Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: swap question

Posted by lvmygrdn z7 MD (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 05 at 7:39

This may be a stupid question (I know no question is stupid) here goes...When you bring the plants, bulbs etc to the swap for trade, must they be in pots? I'm assuming no. Can I wrap them as I would for a plant exchange via snail mail. I'm thinking of putting the Crocosmia bulbs in a box and then bring small lunch bags for people to take what they want. I have a small garden compared to some as I have a townhouse but it is packed with plants. I will bring what I can. I promise to bring food. Silly me thought it was this coming saturday...but it's NEXT Saturday. You know of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Ree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: swap question

I have no idea why it says 'wanted'. Sorry. Where is my proof reader?

o

• Posted by Suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 4, 05 at 9:05

I worried about all that sort of stuff too, for my first swap this Spring. You'll quickly learn not to worry about it. Dug up bulbs in lunch bags are fine. Dug up plants in pots are fine, dumped in a plastic bag is fine too. At the moment, my worry is the rain, or the lack thereof. The amount of rain we've (not) been having, I don't know how I'll manage to dig anything up.

All the threads on this forum starts of with either a 'Wanted' or a 'Have' in the subject. To get rid of it, you'll have to write your post, click 'Preview Message', and then change the subject, preview again before submitting. At least, that's the way I remember it.

Suja

o
swap question

Thank Suja for replying. I just came from looking at what I can dig up. The lily of the valley is turning brown but is alive. Maybe someone will want them. It's almost embarrassing the way some of my plants look because of lack of rain. The Chelone 'Hot Lips' looks great Go figure. I've watered but Mother Nature looks like she has won. :-(

o

Ree.. Even though all of my garden needs watering desperately, I plan to water around just the plants and bulbs and things I am giving away. It should be enough to get them out of the garden in shape to put in pots or bags.
I'm glad to hear you are coming to the swap. There are alot of nice people that come to this event.
Bring brownies or something chocolate and they will love you for life......
I'll be there and it will be nice to meet you.
Bonnie

o

And I look forward to meeting you Gardenwatch. :-) I am loving this glorious rain right now. I have hundreds of bulbs that need to be planted and this will make it a bit easier. I will certainly bring something sweet and something not so sweet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here