Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betsy_in_dc

WANTED: Where is Sandy Springs School

betsy_in_dc
18 years ago

Assuming the fall swap is this Saturday, how do I get to Sandy Spring School. I will be taking I 270 from DC but not sure after that. Guess I could try map quest. What if it is too muddy to dig things out to swap?

Comments (6)

• ryanzone7
    18 years ago

Sandy Springs Friends School
    16923 Norwood Road, Sandy Springs, MD 20860

• vladpup
    18 years ago

G'Day!
    MapQuest directions are OK, but the SSFS website has very good directions;

http://www.ssfs.org/
    (Use the QuickLinks box to go to "Tell Me More About..." and then go to Directions.)

Happy gardening,
    -vlad

Here is a link that might be useful: SSFS

• lvmygrdn
    18 years ago

Thanks for the link Vlad. I wish I lived closer to you, heck I'd come get you. I'm at the other end. :-( I hope someone comes through for you. I was looking forward to meeting you.

I have never been to Sandy Spring Friends School. I guess I will figure out where to go once I get there.
    Ree --Who will be digging after work and early tomorrow morning.

• spanaval
    18 years ago

I think that I'll have to stick with Mapquest. SSFS assumes that people coming from South are coming through DC and not 270. None of the instructions start with something I'm familiar, like 495 or 270.

To those of you who know, does 270 N -> 189 N (Falls Rd) -> 28 E sound right to you? I didn't see 189 mentioned anywhere in the SSFS directions.

Well, I'm off to dig. Then, I have to take the dogs out, and cook when I get back. If I don't get lost, see y'all tomorrow. Christine, I think I have your cell number. I'm relying on you, in case I do get all turned around.

Suja

• chrismd
    18 years ago

270 takes you to 189 (Falls Road) which runs into the heart of Rockville. Once in Rockville, YOU WILL NEED A MAP to find Rt 28 out of Rockville. It is not a straight shot but full of odd doglegs through the commercial center. You want to backtrack south through the city onto Rockville Pike or Viers Mill, then make a right onto Rt 28. Rt 28 is also called First Street and Norbeck Road.

Really, if you are coming from DC or Virginia, this is the way to go:

Take the Beltway to Rt 97 North (Georgia Avenue). Go north through Wheaton. When you get to Georgia Avenue and Randolph Road (big interserction past the Wheaton Library), look for Layhill Road branching off Georgia Avenue to the right (Rt. 182-North). Follow Layhill until you reach the intersection with the old Red Door Store, that's Norwood Road. Turn left onto Norwood Rd. Entrance to SSFS is 1/2 mile on right.

It should take you about 1/2 hour from the Beltway to SSFS, or from 270 to SSFS.

• spanaval
    18 years ago

Thanks, Chris! And thanks to Betsy for posting the question in the first place, 'cause I'm fairly certain now that I would've probably gotten lost on the way.

For anyone coming from DC, be careful about the traffic. Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the Million Man March, and there is supposed to be a pretty huge group of people congregating on The Mall tomorrow. And as we all know, it doesn't take much to muck up DC traffic.

Suja

Sponsored