manure_queen

directions for Sun Jan 13 pot-luck

manure_queen
16 years ago

I expect 1 PM is proabably a good start time

Seed swap is optional for those so inclined\

5707 Old Temple Hill rd

Temple Hills 20748

If you are coming from the North on the beltway, get off exit 9 turn right and cross over the beltway. turn right onto Allentown road

Procede under route 5 (Branch Ave). Turn right onto brinkley road. Procede on to next traffic light. Turn right onto Temple hills rd. Make the 2nd left onto Old temple hills road. I am on the left just past the church parking lot.

If you are coming from the South on the beltway get off exit 4A route 414. Cross over to the 2nd light and turn left onto Brinley road. You will be passing Sharpers florist on the right, Procede to the 4th(I think) light and

turn left onto Temple Hills road (Left turning lane)

and follow last 2 directions above

For Eric and Kariel get to Allentown road the way that is best for you. And follow above directions from beltway North.

I am not sending you directly to Branch Ave as there may be construction at that interchange that may require it to be shut down for the weekend

Feel free to call if confused Mary

301-

423-

Comments (19)

• manure_queen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I shall have over 100 packages of assorted fall bulbs that need to find homes. I went to Am Hort Soc River Farm today to pick them up. We were encouraged to take a whole box, so I filled up my trunk and back seat. , Tulips, Frits. Daffs snow drops, bulb iris and some others from the VAn whatever company that sells bulbs
    Mary

• annebert
    16 years ago

Mary, you're the best! I can't find your email address, so please save me a couple of amaryllis and fritillaria bulbs.

Anne

• kaffeina
    16 years ago

How is the trade going to work? Is it going to be like the Washington Gardeners seed exchange where everything gets separated into piles and people file through or will it be more one on one?

Kathleen

• kaffeina
    16 years ago

more questions :)

shall we bring out stuff pre-bagged? for example i have some seeds stored in "bulk" jars, am i supposed to separate it into individual "servings" or just bring some bags to separate it into?

kathleen

• manure_queen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kafiena. No need to pre-package.

• gardnwatch
    16 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I've got lots of seeds of various things.
    I'd love some of those bulbs as well.....thank you so much.
    See you Sunday.
    Bonnie

• kimka
    16 years ago

Last year, we were very informal. People just sort of pawed through piles, grab bags and shoe boxes. Bring a pen and some envelops to split off a packet from bulk seeds.

Mary, I would love some snowdrops.

• kaffeina
    16 years ago

ok, cool

is anyone dying for some gentian or clematis freemonti? I had some seed sent to me because i really wanted them but i would be happy to split my packets if there was another person who wanted them.

k

• manure_queen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Janet
    I have 2 packages that I shall put your name on

• kjshadow750
    16 years ago

I am new to garden web and gardening in general and live in Silver Spring.
    I do have seeds, not sure if they are any good. Can I join you all on Sunday? (I have so much to learn)

thanks,

• oscarthecat
    16 years ago

KJ, they let me in so you should have no problem. WELCOME Steve in Baltimore County

• riderup
    16 years ago

thanks, Mary. I'll be coming by with a friend, maybe a bit early and leaving maybe a bit early. We want to see a show in Alexandria that starts at 3 PM that afternoon. I'll have some seeds in tow.

See you all soon

Eric

• lynnt
    16 years ago

The squirrels got all my species tulip bulbs despite Ro-Pel -- did you get any of those, Mary? (species tulips, not squirrels :) )

Also, I brought inside some easy-to-root nonhardy plants like dicliptera suberecta
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1274/
    and bulbine frutescens
    http://www.magnoliagardensnursery.com/productdescrip/Bulbine_Orange.html

that now need to be pinched back -- if anyone wants me to bring cuttings, let me know, and I'll bring a pitcherful.

Michael's sells packages of mini-ziplocks for cheap; I have a couple packages I can bring for folks to use to split up bulk seeds.

LynnT

• manure_queen
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lynn, I doubt that the tulips I have are what you want- they are mixed bulbs. but you are welcome to have any that you want
    MAry

• nancymd2
    16 years ago

I'm hoping to make it on Sunday. Does anyone need a grow/shop light with plant bulbs? 4 foot, not fancy but works...

Mary, I'd love some frititallaria and snow drops, if you still have any.

• gardnwatch
    16 years ago

Mary,
    Thank you for hosting this day for us at your home and thank you again for the nice bulbs. It was nice seeing everyone.

Steve....we missed your presence. Some of us had milkweed seeds for you. Guess you will have to get them in the spring at the swap.

Bonnie

• kimka
    16 years ago

Sunday was great fun. Lots of seeds and as usualy great company and food.

KimKa

• oscarthecat
    16 years ago

Sorry I could not make it. Had been looking forward to it all winter. Look forward to spring swap and yes please save the milkweed seeds for me. Steve in Baltimore County.

• kaffeina
    16 years ago

this was a really nice event, i especially liked being able to hang out with a smaller group of people

oscarthecat did you get your milkweed seeds from me?

kathleen

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES