Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sedum37

Flower Show?

sedum37
18 years ago

I was wondering if there is a flower show held in Baltimore each year? I am from Massachusetts and will be in Baltimore the first and second weekends of March. I may or may not have a car. Is it accessible by public transportation? Any web link you can give me?

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

You may be thinking of the Philadelphia Flower Show. That's held in early March each year. I've never heard of a Baltimore Flower Show. Nice idea though!

• annebert
    18 years ago

There usually is a Maryland Spring Home and Garden show at about that time. I've never been and can't tell you about it. It's at the State Fair Grounds, which is some distance outside Baltimore. When I just did a google search, I didn't come up with a Web page for this year's show. But if you search on the name over the next couple of weeks, maybe you'll find something. Or maybe somebody will fill you ( and us clueless locals ) in.

• madsquopper
    18 years ago

I gave up going to either the Maryland or Washington flower shows a long time ago, ever since they became Home and Garden shows. Much like Home and Garden Television, there's way too much Home and not enough Garden. If you can, you'd be better off driving up to Philadelphia for that show instead (March 5-11, I believe).

Larry

• sedum37
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I just was going to be in town (specifically Baltimore) and thought their may be a show worth going to. Madsquopper thanks for the heads up on the Home and Garden Show. I did see a link for that one. Up in Boston we have several of these combo shows and they are also heavy on the 'home' component. So in our area the New England Flower Show is the one to go to for gardens and flowers.

• oscarthecat
    18 years ago

I love Maryland. Maryland was a 180* turnaround for me. You cannot get me to say anything bad about this State even if it was true. BUT, when the flower show was held downtown Baltimore it was more of a flower show. Why not try clicking on the National Arboretum website. They have many activities there. Sorry I cant be of more help. Steve in Baltimore

• grodriguez
    18 years ago

Homestead Gardens has a flower show in its property from March 11th through the 18th. Homestead is located in Davidsonville, Md., about 20 minutes South of Annapolis. It is the largest and one of the most beautiful garden centers in Maryland. There is no transportation nearby, though. You would have to rent a car. If you are interested in more details, please feel free to call me, since I am the Human Resources Manager at Homestead Gardens. My name is Gladys Rodriguez and my direct line is 443-607-1946

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.homesteadgardens.com

• elanadesign
    18 years ago

Of course the Philadelphia Flower Show is wonderful, but you also might want to attend the Baltimore Flower Mart on May 5and 6th at Mt Vernon Plaza. It's an enjoyable day! Easy to get to with public transportation. Visit their web site http://flowermart.org. I think it's the oldest event like it in the country!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting