Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tabassam

Washington Home & Garden Show

tabassam
18 years ago

Has anyone been? Looks interesting. http://www.washingtonhomeandgardenshow.com/

It's on Feb. 9 thru the weekend. I went to the PA Flower Show last year and felt it was too crowded to really appreciate and enjoy--

Tabby

Comments (9)

• Lesathummercrossing
    18 years ago

I went last year. No comparison in size but DCs was small and nice. How about if we set up a time and place for Midatlantic people to meet each day of the show?

• kimka
    18 years ago

The Washington Home and Garden Show is usually more about home than garden and the display gadens are not usually all that inventive. But that aside, i usually need a flower fix about that time of year pretty bad, so I always end up going. I'd love to hook up with some other garden webbers to go.

I've never gone to the show in Richmond. Anyone here been? Would it be worth a field trip?

To add a show

The Maryland Home and Garden Show is March 3 - 5 and 10 - 12, 2006 at the Fairgrounds in Tiimonium. You also get the Maryland Spring Craft Show. The website is http://www.mdhomeandgarden.com/0_HG/01_HG_show_info.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Maryland Home and Garden Show

• kimka
    18 years ago

Meant to add the Maryland Home and Garden Show tothe next posting.

• madcosta7
    18 years ago

just want to say that the flower show in Richmond is worth the trip. Also, while you're in the area, you can visit Ginter off of 95 before you hit the downtown section of Richmond (if you're coming from the north). You'll see signs for Ginter and if you check their website you can get information on their plant sales which are wonderful.

• juliat
    18 years ago

I went last year. Not sure if I'll go this year. It's worth the trip if you haven't been before. The display gardens last year were nice, but small and neither numerous nor breathtaking. There was only one waterfall/garden display which I thought was really very good. Still, it was a breath of fresh air to see white amelanchier blossoms and pretty camellias at that time of year.

• madcosta7
    18 years ago

well guys, I went to the Richmond Flower show yesterday and I have to tell you that it WASN'T worth the trip at all! Not many displays or vendors. Sorry..... I do plan on visiting the Philly show in March. I hope that doesn't disappoint me at all. I have no interest in checking out the DC show at all.

• madsquopper
    18 years ago

We went to the DC show mostly to check out the window/siding vendors. I expected the garden displays to be rather dull, and that was a complete miscalculation on my part. They were utterly pathetic, a drunken chimpanzee could have done a better job. Very little color and many of the plants weren't even good specimens. Did anyone else go? I'd be curious what you thought of it.

Larry

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

Larry, Im sad to hear that this "show" is so pathetic - I went about 5 years ago and had the same experience - hence I've not been back - I was hoping to hear it had improved... but guess not, uh? Makes me feel better about trooping up to the Phila. Garden show - the crowds are a challenge, but it's always worth it. Thanks for posting your opinion of the DC one (you'd think w/ it being the Capital area, they'd "try harder.").

• redcat72
    18 years ago

My husband and I went to the DC show this year. I was pretty disappointed. I thought the hall was a lot smaller than last year, and there were several vendors missing.

My mom saw another show in the Wash Post for the next weekend (Feb 25/26th) at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. http://www.capitalhomeshow.com/

A bit of a haul for us, since we usually take the metro to the DC show. But it was vastly superior. There were 2 show halls, and they were packed with vendors & flower diplays. Many vendors I had not seen before. It was crowded, but not too horrible to deal with. They even had Clive and Lisa from HGTV's "Designed to Sell" show there.

My favorite vendor was Sandstone Ornaments from Joplin, MO. They had tons of beautiful, tasteful garden items. I bought a handmade sandstone cat fountain from them. Unfortunately, they don't have a website! I'll definitely hit this show next year instead of DC.

Here is a link that might be useful: Capital Home and Garden Show

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County