Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avoirgold

Seed Swap Take Two (or is it Three?)

avoirgold
15 years ago

I am willing to host if we can decide on a date. I am in Columbia, MD off Rt. 108 by Centennial Park. I can host any of the next three weekends. Saturday or Sunday. I have lots of seeds to trade and would really love getting together. Any votes for when is good?

Jennifer

Comments (24)

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

Yay! I almost stepped up to host, but just couldn't take on one more thing. Thanks, Jennifer!

I vote for 1/31, 2/14, or 2/15. I could do 2/7, as well, but only if it's in the morning.

Diana Lynn

• annebert
    15 years ago

I could do any of the dates that Diana Lynn suggested.

Anne

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, why don't we try for 2/14 or 15. I am sure all DHs and DWs would be happy to give the gift of some time for Valentine's Day. :-)

Does noonish still work for everyone? Later? Sorry, no earlier for me.

Jen

PS: For those on the fence, not sure how far you would have to travel. Here is my address:

5010 Cloudburst Hill
    Columbia, MD 21044

This is off Rt 29. So close to all major highways.

JLS

Here is a link that might be useful: Map

• gardnwatch
    15 years ago

I vote for the 2/14 date.

Bonnie

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

2/14 sounds good to me.

Diana Lynn

• kimka
    15 years ago

I can do 2/14

• annebert
    15 years ago

Oh good. I just remembered this morning that it might be scheduled for today. Valentine's Day is fine for me.

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

So do we have a final date? 2/14 at noon? Jennifer, I guess I'm sort of looking to you to confirm this since you're hosting it.

Looks like it might be a small group--nobody drop out!

DL

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yep! We have a date and a time. Feel free to show up even if you didn't "RSVP" here. Can everyone still bring something? I will provide Coke/Diet Coke, cups, and Texas Sheetcake. If you prefer, we could order pizza and all chip in to pay for it. Let me know.

Jen

• gardnwatch
    15 years ago

I can being a dish of something.
    Bonnie

• annebert
    15 years ago

I'll bring something edible.

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

Will also bring something to munch.

Diana Lynn

• ms_minnamouse
    15 years ago

I'm using up all my seed for wintersowing. Will you guys have plant swapping when it warms up?

• busyasabee
    15 years ago

I haven't dropped into this forum for awhile, but with the warm weather yesterday, it got me to thinking about gardening. I'd love to come to the seed swap and see everyone. Count me in! I'll bring a pasta dish and brownies.
    BTW ~ does anyone have cherokee purple tomato seeds?

Jette

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jette, the more the merrier!!!

We are good to go for tomorrow!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

So, from either the north or south, get on Rt. 29. Exit at Rt. 108 West to Clarksville. Go straight thru the first light, Old Columbia Rd. Turn left at the second light, Ten Oaks Rd. Centennial Park will be on the right, Ten Oaks the left. Take the very first right, W. Running Brook Rd. At the 4th stupid round-about, traffic-calming thingy, "turn" left onto Cloudburst Hill. My house is the first on the right. Please feel free to park anywhere so long as no one's driveway is blocked. :-)

See ya tomorrow!!

Jen

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It has occurred to me that I should put my number up in case anyone gets lost. :-)

Jen
    410-997-0527

• aliceinvirginia
    15 years ago

I had been thinking about coming, but then I looked at the distance away. 1-2 hours each way.

And I have way too many seeds for just planting on one balcony. Plus my window garden with lights.

I hope you guys have fun. :-)

Make it closer to the beltway next time. Clinton or Bethesda, or God forbid, down in DC or Virginia...

I'll try to make it to the plant swap later in the year.

If you have any region-specific recommendations for container veggie gardens, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
    Alice

• gardnwatch
    15 years ago

Jen,
    Thanks so much for hosting the nice afternoon.
    I enjoyed and learned much from your winter seed sowing lesson.
    It was nice to see everyone and the food was great.
    Happy "seeding" and hope to see you all soon at the spring plant swap.

Bonnie

• busyasabee
    15 years ago

I second that! I had a wonderful time.
    I'm going to spend Sunday afternoon starting on my winter sowing. I'm sure I will have plenty of extras to give out at this years Spring Swap.

Jette

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much to everyone for coming!! I had a lot of fun.

Diana Lynn, would you mind sending me that blueberry buckle recipe? That was sooooo yummy!!!!

Jen

• kjshadow750
    15 years ago

I had a great time too! Thanks for hosting Jen.
    I forgot to write it down but what was the name of the cuttings that the nice lady brought to share?

thanks again,

Kanisa

• kimka
    15 years ago

The rooted cuttings were various colors of brugmansia, Angel's trumpet.

I too second thanks to Jenn for hosting. Wonderful seeds, great food, and even better company. And even a chance to proselytise about the joys of wintersowing. Just about a perfect afternoon.

• avoirgold
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brugmansia

• annebert
    15 years ago

I'm still trying to get the pictures off my phone to post. Thanks to everyone for taking so many seeds :-) Kanisa, the wine was great!

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County