Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vladpup

my garden pictures - online at last!

vladpup
19 years ago

G'Day!

i've borrowed some webspace to temporarily post some pictures from my garden, until i can really get my own site going;

http://flowers.cliftoncreek.net:443/

Let me know what you think!

Happy gardening

-vlad

Here is a link that might be useful: vlad's garden pictures

Comments (7)

• laine713
    19 years ago

Hi Vlad, those pics are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing, it brightened my day.

Sophia

• gardnwatch
    19 years ago

Vlad, So many flowers...so much love...lol.
    What a great buncb of pictures. Love your horses and everything else. You've done a great job all around, from the plants, to the flowers and butterflies and everything inbetween.
    Bonnie

• vladpup
    Original Author
    19 years ago

G'Day!
    - Such kind words! Thank you!

- Credit where credit is due; while the pictures are all of my gardens, my friend Frank took many of the shots. He's the fellow on the bench on sheet #2, row 5. After his weekly barrel racing and horse training lessons, Frank helps me around the farm with electrical work and computer stuff. And takes pictures. Putting these photos up on his server just earned him an extra loaf of home-baked bread!

- Sorry these are such a jumble. They are actually the "B" class photos, those i was considering for my garden's website but had to cull. Now, don't y'all be holding your breath, but the BEST 45 pictures aren't up yet. When i get them titled and properly captioned, i'll let y'all know and refer you to my garden's very own website! i know, it's been a log time coming (we started on this project a year ago) but i keep getting distracted and doing more gardening than phtographing - or html practice.

- The camera is a Fugi s-3000, so the pictures aren't commercial-grade. Anyone considering such a camera, be aware that it drains batteries FAST. And, every session, when you power it up, you have to re-set the date/day/time; it take about half an hour of prep work before you can actually go out and shoot.

- These horses are my favorite from my string of barrel-racing quarter horses. They're retired, just like me. They just worked too hard when they were good to put down just because they are too old to race any more. When i see the vet bills, sometimes i think a flock of pink flamingos might be a wiser set of lawn orniments! But then, where would i get horse apples for the gardens?

- i keep horses because when i retired i didn't think the National Zoo would have let me take any of the animals home with me!

- Almost all the plants in those pictures are either inherited or from Garden Web trades. (OK, half of the Mixed Daffodills are actually cheapy end-of-season sale bulbs, planted just before the snow fell!)

- Happy gardening,
    -vlad

• lvmygrdn
    19 years ago

Thanks for posting the photos. :-) So the gentleman on the bench is not you? I thought I would put a face with the name.
    It was a real treat "walking" through your garden on such a chilly morning. Thanks again.

• vladpup
    Original Author
    19 years ago

G'Day!
    - Correction: Frank-on-bench may not be row #5 for you; these are "dynamic" pages, so how many thumbnails you see per row depends on your browser and other viewing factors. That' picture #54. The bench is flanked by cherrytree whips which will eventually form a bower over the bench. The young cherry trees are underplanted by bush cherries and flowers.

- i know the thumbnails may be a bother for those of you with high-speed connections; you might prefer to just load the full-size pictures right away. But, for those of us with slow-speed country dialup (try 14k!), even a sheet of thumbnails takes a while to load; the thumbnail provide a preview before "investing" the time to load the fullsized picture.

- Happy gardening,
    -vlad

• alfie_md6
    19 years ago

Vlad, you're going to have to stop doing stuff like this if you don't want us to try to come visit this spring.

• vladpup
    Original Author
    19 years ago

G'Day!

- Oh Alpie, you have ferrited out my nefarious plot! This is all a scheme to tempt gardeners to come visit. Folk, come spring, just let me know if any of y'all want to come down for a shovel-tour.

(What's a shovel tour? That's when you bring extra containers and tour the garden with a shovel, digging up divisions to take home.)

- You don't actually have to bring any plants with you, but the more you bring, the more we can dig up for you.
    - Does this help explain why my gardens are such a jumble?

- Happy gardening,
    -vlad,
    propetier of the Aquasco Farm for Orphaned Plants and Retired (or retarded...) horses.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!