Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vladpup

Biokovo geranium siting?

vladpup
19 years ago

G'Day!

- Recieved some geranium "Biokovo" in a trade and am wondering where they should be sited for happiest growth.

- i have no idea how late to wait in spring before planting them, as they are witnering indoors; i'm guessing "after last danger of frost" should be OK.

- i read the following:

- "The Geranium ÂBiokovoÂ, Geranium x cantabrigiense, produces white flowers with light pink veins and stamens. With its beautiful dark green foliage, it has a plant width of 12-18" and a height of 6-8". ÂBiokovo Geranium needs to be cut back in early summer for repeat bloom time in the fall. ÂBiokovo Geranium, being drought tolerant, needs a full sun area with some shade in the afternoon.

For best results, plant in a dry to moist area in a well drained site. The Geranium family is well known for its stunning fall colors that include reds, oranges, and yellows. It is a superb plant for cottage gardens, container growing, borders or informal borders in mass plantings. There is an attraction to bees and butterflies andit is very disease and deer resistant." Zones 4-8.

- Has anyone grown it in our area? Have you found the above information to be true? Care to add any "local conditions" notes? (And what is a "dry to moist area"? Do they mean "not fussy about soil moisture"?)

- How well has Biokovo performed for you? Love it or think it is too generic?

- Happy gardening,

-vlad

Comment (1)

Sponsored