Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Spring Swap Dates? Links & Voting here!!

cfmuehling
17 years ago

Well,

I was informed I'm organizing the MAG swap this year, and Henrietta (Gardengramma) is providing her beautiful home and garden again in Burtonsville.

In this case, there is something I'd like to work around:

Vlad can come Saturday May 5th or 12th. Hint! Hint!

Please vote as to when you could come with these dates? In the meanwhile...

Plants (or other stuff) I have to trade

Plants I want or can't live without.

All things delicious and their implements of ingestion

Directions to the hootin'nanny are here but you can MapQuest:

15716 Allnutt Lane

Burtonsville, MD, 20866)

So there you have it. Vote.

Comments (41)

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

May 5th is traditional. (Traditions have to start somewhere.)

Thanks for taking the lead Christine, and to Gardengramma for offering her beautiful home and gardens to us for the third time!

• kimka
    17 years ago

Either date works for me.

• spanaval
    17 years ago

Either date works for me, but I'm all for tradition. If I have to vote, I'd go with May 5th.

• oscarthecat
    17 years ago

May 5th would be great for this guy. Steve in Baltimore County

• madsquopper
    17 years ago

May 5th.

Larry

• leslies
    17 years ago

I can do either date. Thanks for organizing Christine, and thanks to gardengramma for letting us use her fabulous field, porch and gardens!

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

May 5th works for me also.
    Bonnie

• lynnt
    17 years ago

May 12th is the Paca House sale early in the morning; I'd prefer the 5th -- even if I'll have to leave by noon to hit another swap that afternoon. May gets crowded!

And thanks again to both Christine and GGramma for taking this on!

Lynn

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

May 5th sounds great and I love going to Grandma's house. I'm already excited about going and seeing everybody.
    Thanks to both,Grandma and Christine.
    Good to hear that Vlad can be there too. I've been preparing some bayberry for him.

• annebert
    17 years ago

May 5 is my preference, too. Thanks all!

After the supremely dreadful day I had at work, it was so nice to come to MAG and find this message!

• karyn1
    17 years ago

Either date should be fine for me. This is great, it's less than 1/2 mile away from our farm. I can just run over there and restock if I need more plants!
    Karyn

• collectordi
    17 years ago

May 5th sounds good to me. Mother's Day is the 13th this year.

• kilngod
    17 years ago

May 12th is best for me - college classes, kiln firings and final critique/exams are hurdles for the traditional day.

Since it looks like it'll be May 5th, I'll start massive scheduling to make sure I can come then.

(so excited already!)

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, so far it's the 5th. :)

Unless a bunch of folks come in for the 12th? The 5th it is.

We'll begin to start accordingly!

Christine

• busyasabee
    17 years ago

may 5th is my choice.

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    17 years ago

Another vote for May 5th! I do believe I shall tote along some heirloom tomatoes and peppers like last year!

• alfie_md6
    17 years ago

Drat.

• cecilia_md7a
    17 years ago

May 5 is best for me, as May 13 is my anniversary and DH and I might not be in town.

• madsquopper
    17 years ago

Unlike Cathy and me. Ours is May 11th, but we never do squat.

Larry

• garden4gal
    17 years ago

Cinco de Mayo works for me since I also go to Paca Gardens' Plant Sale on 5/12. This is the first time this year I have logged in and am so sorry to hear about Vlad. I so enjoyed the Fall Swap and spending time with both he and Eric. I am sure Vlad will be present in spirit at the Spring Swap and our future gatherings.

Mary Anne

• katiekaboom000
    17 years ago

Is anybody welcomed to come to the swap? IÂve never been to a swap before and would love to go but I donÂt really have anything to swap! My husband and I purchased 15 acres this winter but it is still just trees and weeds (mostly thorns). I have a few house plants I can take cutting from but thatÂs about it.

• spanaval
    17 years ago

Katie, everyone is welcome to the swap. Some of us go there with the specific intent of giving away a bunch of stuff, and going home with very little. Usually, people who have no plants to trade bring food (as do many of the people who do bring plants) or other necessary items. Remember that anything gardening related is fair game, and that includes pots, compost, gardening magazines and books, etc.

• treehouse
    17 years ago

I can't make the 5th because of my college reunion...
    The 12th is GrandBabe's birthday...

Well, my spirit will be with you all.

Jan

• treehouse
    17 years ago

I can't make the 5th because of my college reunion...
    The 12th is GrandBabe's birthday...

Well, my spirit will be with you all...

Jan

• alfie_md6
    17 years ago

Um. Should the swap be on a different day, since Vlad's memorial is on May 5 in Aquasco?

• gardengranma
    17 years ago

I posted on another item. You will eityher have to have the spring swap on the same day as Vlad's memorial, but closer to his home, or you have to move the swap in Burtonsville to a different date. It's up to you guys.

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Let's slow down.

Eric wants to come to the swap and he's arranged for the parents and friends to come on the 12th.

Let's give him a warm welcome and hug.

Christine

• gardengranma
    17 years ago

Christine, that is the absolute best. I think we should plan a special celebration at the swap in honor of Vlad. Any ideas? I am so glad Eric is coming.

• cecilia_md7a
    17 years ago

Christine, so are you saying that the swap is the 5th and Vlad's memorial is the 12th?

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

No my name isn't Christine, but YES, the swap is still on the 5th, and Eric will come to that. The Vlad memorial in Aquasco has been moved to May 12th. (See separate threads.)

• curlybrian
    17 years ago

May 12th please! Last year was my first year and it was SO much fun. Successfully gave away about 3 times as many as took away. Will bring lots of irises so people can take a bunch in order to start a patch immediately. Lots of Sunrise Coriopsis, too, if they seed like normal. Probably some white Datura (plants get 6+ feet across). And my favorite, Golden Jubilee Agastache (long-lasting purple flowers with lime green leaves!). Will start potting them up soon so they'll transport nicely. Hint: easy packaging is Styrofoam cups with holes, or larger plastic cups with holes if needed. Write on cups with marker or some people use plastic spoons.

• layne_nova
    17 years ago

May 12th

Just about to start gardening, in his tiny space.

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

Sorry to the last two posters. If you read back you'll see that the swap is already scheduled for May 5th.
    ***Voting is Closed****

The Swap is Scheduled for May 5th.

• heyruthie
    16 years ago

yea!!! i can make it! i have to be out of town on the 12th :-)

• watergal
    16 years ago

Did I miss seeing what time this fabulous swap starts? I have some vague memory of 10 am, but I could just be imagining that. Will someone set me straight, please?

I have a LOT of digging and potting up to do. I hope it gets warm enough to do it by May 5th without freezing my fingers off!

• spanaval
    16 years ago

We try to be considerate of our host/hostess, and try not to show up at the crack of dawn. Towards that end, the "official" start time is around 10:00 AM. A few minutes early is probably fine, and a lot of people show up later.

• watergal
    16 years ago

Thanks, suja!

• dgs9r
    16 years ago

I hope to come too! I'll bring some lilac suckers, and some magazines, and whatever else I can find!
    deepti

• crystalsalt
    16 years ago

Hi all, I just joined gardenweb and am really excited about this swap. I live in Columbia and I'm rather a newbie with plants but really want to learn. I will hopefully be able to make it and look forward to meeting everyone. I'll bring some seeds, but mostly food items. If anyone has thai basil, lime basil, Par-Cel(leaf celery) or mexican oregano - please, please bring a bit for me - I will reward you with good food!!
    Thanks, crystalsalt.

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

A reminder to check the 'Food' list and add your contribution there. It's only two more weeks until the swap! Our hostess is providing a beautiful location....we need to provide everything else :-)

• daresbeach
    16 years ago

What time does the swap last to? Depending on time I can bring what ever is needed food wise. I have a test in Bowie at 10 am unitl ? so I am hoping to get there by noonish ! I saw a post about relish, ketchup, mustard etc is that covered yet? Ingrid

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!