Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauriebee_gw

Hello Again! Its been a while

lauriebee
15 years ago

Hello!

I am back on the mainland and in my beloved zone 7. I am eagerly awaiting spring and hope to get my hands dirty again and get my garden cleaned up this year. The hardiest plants survived 3 tenants over 4 years (plus one summer of my own neglect while I unpacked) which has left quite a bit of space for new inspiration.

At least the kids are old enough now to help! And they like gardening too - My daughter is really into it for the bugs so we managed to start a small butterfly garden for her at the end of last summer.

I have a new baby coming in the beginning of April so I don't think I will be doing too many seeds inside this year. I think however I will used an unspent Christmas gift to buy one of those pre-planned shade gardens for one of my long term problem spots. (I think I can get the kids to put it in for me.) Not very creative but I didn't have time to think plants this winter. - besides that it is amazing how much I have forgotten of North American plants. I once was so foolish as to jest at a friend who had moved around and had trouble remembering which plants were perennials vs. annuals. Now here I am with a slightly more "mature" brain struggling to keep them straight after my time in the tropics.

I have bantered enough. I am glad to be back and am looking forward to the next swap!

Cecilia, I will have you in my prayers.

LaurieBee

Sponsored