Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimka_gw

Hurray! Garrdengranma is on board. Now pick a date

kimka
15 years ago

Gardengranma has agreed to be our traditional hostess. But she is open to either May 2 or 9 or changing to Sunday. Can we reach consensus on the best date.

I vote for May 9 to give more time for seedlings and divisions to grow on, but I like Saturrday because it gives me Sunday to get everything planted.

Comments (14)

• nancymd2
    15 years ago

My vote is for the weekend of May 2: either Saturday or Sunday is fine.

• cecilia_md7a
    15 years ago

Hooray! The spring swap is the highlight of my spring social season and GardenGranma's place is a botanical paradise.

As far as I am concerned, any date is fine, since I have no idea how I'll be feeling at any given time because of the chemo. I have lots of extra plants this year, since I'm downsizing my garden - if I can just feel well enough to dig them up! I will also have tomato seedlings, though I agree that the beginning of May seems a little early to harden them off. And, of course, gardening magazines, seeds, and a book or two.

If I can't make it, I'll see if I can enlist somebody elses' aid (Janet?) in taking my plants along with them. I've GOT to get rid of a bunch to begin the new landscaping plan.

If anybody is interested in getting first dibs on plants by digging them up themselves, email me and I can give you my addy and a list of what I have for the taking (this includes roses!). I'm open to tresspassers in my garden at any time.

And if I do attend, I'll make sure to wear my pink wig in honor of the occasion.

• sujiwan_gw 6b MD/PA
    15 years ago

I vote for the 9th of May. May 2nd is awfully early and then there's the Sheep and Wool Festival that same weekend (and guests) for me. Also a huge thank you to Garden Gramma for once again hosting.

• bethbonemiller
    15 years ago

I think May 9th would make an amazing early Mother's Day gift to myself! But actually either date works for me! I took a spin round the yard this morning. Yipeee! Life is emerging already and I can see lots of divisions in my future.

• leslies
    15 years ago

In a moment of insanity, I promised a friend in Richmond I'd go to the Lewis Ginter spring sale, so May 9 (Sat or Sunday) would be better for me.

• ryanzone7
    15 years ago

May 9th is my choice
    ialbtc

• madsquopper
    15 years ago

May 9 for Cathy and me.

Larry

• giverny
    15 years ago

I vote for May 9th. (Thanks Henrietta!)

• annebert
    15 years ago

May 9 for me.
    Thanks, Henrietta!

• gardengranma
    15 years ago

9th is fine with me. Who is willing to write down the "rules" if you want to call it that (for the newbies) and start the have and wanted lists? These activities are not my strength, and I will have the place ready, extra plates, and extra whatevers, just in case. Who would like to be in charge so to speak? Grand poobah standin.

• busyasabee
    15 years ago

May 9th works for me also. (thanks gardengranma!)

Is everyone in consensus with Saturday, May 9th for the 2009 Spring MAGSWAP?
    If so, I'll post the rules & the wants / haves.

thanks
    Jette

• alfie_md6
    15 years ago

May 9 is good for me. Hurray for Gardengranma! Hurray for Jette, Grand Poobah of the 2009 Spring Swap!

(Cecilia, my kindergartner will love your pink wig.)

• ryanzone7
    15 years ago

Hurray for Jette, Grand Poobah of the 2009 Spring Swap!
    (Even though I cut and pasted that, I mean it none the less!)

IT ALL LEADS BACK TO COMPOST!

• busyasabee
    15 years ago

All ~
    The 2009 Spring MAG Swap "Haves" / "Wants" & Food List has been posted on the Exchanges page.

Many many thanks to Henrietta (& gardengrandpa)for hosting us once again on their lovely property.

let the trading begin.......and see you all on May 9th!

Jette

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists