Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
curlybrian

Spring Plant Swap in Frederick, MD Sun 5/6/2012 9am

curlybrian
12 years ago

FREDERICK MARYLAND PLANT SWAP

When: Sun May 6th, 2012 9am - 12pm (sprinkle or shine)

What: Anything garden or gardener related

Where: Feagaville Indoor Flea Market (parking lot)

...... 5530 Jefferson Pike (Rt. 180), Frederick MD 21703

Start dividing perennials, determining your surplus of seedlings, and digging through your bookcases and shed for items! Swap, mingle, share ideas, and more. Anything garden related or indigestible by gardeners (hint: homemade muffins) is acceptable for swap. Just pull into the parking lot, open the trunk of your car, and let the swap begin. Begins at 9am, goes till noon or until all items have found new homes.

I've obtained permission to host the event outside at the Feagaville Indoor Flea Market. The owner, Nancy, will open the barn early for shopping as well. If you plan on selling anything for money you'll need to speak with her about a vendor fee (just Google). Otherwise, there is absolutely no charge.

Please mark your plants with whatever name or description will help the new owner. Bring whatever you have, new gardeners very welcome. With this warm weather there should be plenty of self-seedlings in gardens to share.

Hope you can make it, Brian Walker

Comments (10)

• indigokat
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness I am so excited for this!! I am from Pittsburgh where we had a very fun and successful garden swap but I haven't found one in the Baltimore area. It will be work the lovely drive over to Frederick! Thanks for arranging this!!

• tropic_of_chesapeake
    12 years ago

Sounds great. I too would love to make the drive from Baltimore. Especially if the other swap falls on a day I can't make it. Thanks for organizing this swap.

• curlybrian
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It is getting closer. It was in Mondays Frederick News Post.

• susan_b
    11 years ago

Hi - first-year vegetable gardener here (and new to the forums as well).

I've been growing herbs in pots for a few years, but finally decided to upgrade. I just built some boxes and hope to plant vegetables (and herbs) this year.

This being my first go-round, I don't have any seedlings, but I bake and can bring some breads/muffins/cookies to swap.

Would this be an appropriate course of action?

• curlybrian
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is this Sunday!! Novice gardeners welcome. I'll be bringing iris, pots, maybe some saucers, trellis, and more perennials. I could really use an old hose that has a good spicket connection, my hose reel blew its connection to the house so I need to cut off the end of another. I have at least 1 extra rake, maybe some other tools as well.

• Jenni1105
    11 years ago

I'm looking forward to it!

• cynthia_gw
    11 years ago

Susan B, You may be thinking of the Mid Atlantic Swap later this month which definitely appreciates trades of food - in fact lots of stuff is just given away by gardeners who just have too much :) Go to the post further down named 'Spring Swap' for more info. The trade lists for that swap are on the Exchange page.

• curlybrian
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for coming out to make Frederick's Plant Swap a success. Met quite a few new friends. Hope to see all of you next year. Now, off to the garden to put in my new bulbs and plants using my new hoe. Anxious to try growing brussels sprouts.
    p.s. Will look forward to see what the newspaper reporter publishes.

• curlybrian
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hope everyone had success with the items from the plant swap. Thank you Rory for the wonderful pepper plant, thank you others for all trinkets and flower bulbs (some still producing, but gotta take them in soon). The paper published a huge picture on the front of the local section. See you all again the Sunday before Mother's Day, which will be 5/5/2013. -- Brian Walker

• jennifershaven
    9 years ago

Can't wait - I hope to bring some funky garden décor to swap for perennials or whatever looks fun! This will be my first swap - aside from friends and family. Jenn

Sponsored