Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Official - MAGTAG 2007 is Aug 25

Posted by cecilia_md7a 7a/Baltimore,MD (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 10:33

I went ahead and reserved the same pavilion in the same park as last year for this date. I haven't gotten much response on any of the websites where I posted, but the 25th seemed a LITTLE more popular.

SO ...

MAGTAG II
Saturday, August 25, 2007
10ish-5ish
Southwest Area Park, Baltimore, MD
BE THERE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Official - MAGTAG 2007 is Aug 25

OK I'm marking my calendar.

I was at a dinner party last night where a friend who attended MAGTAG last year at my suggestion was regaling everyone with stories of the tomato wackos. I might entice a few more friends next year.

o

Good! We tomato wackos need more new recruits!

o

I'll put it on my calendar. Now if my dealer;-) can hook me up with some plants that would be most excellent.

o

Yeah, Janet - we can't let your plants "disappear" like they did at last year's swap.

o

Please tell me more about the MAGTAG 2007.

o

Errr... I am new to Baltimore. What exactly _is_ MAGTAG?

Rhet

o

• Posted by suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 20, 07 at 10:35

If you search for 'MAGTAG' on this forum, you'll find a bunch of relevant threads, including information from last year's (first official) MAGTAG.

Here is a link that might be useful: MAGTAG link to get you started

o

I can't wait!!!!
I have two little maters that are showing RED. One on Stupice and one on Silvery Fir Tree

o

Couunt me in. And I might just have some tomotoes to enter this year.

KimKa

o

Does anyone have any tomaotes worth bragging about yet??
Not me.
Mine so far are somewhere between fair and dismal. County fair here is only about 2 or 3 weeks away and I don't see anything that looks promising at all.
Sure hope someone has tomatoes that are doing better than mine.
Beth B

o

Mine are still green. But that's my fault. I didn't get them out until May 23rd.

o

Just had my first black cherries yesterday! Mine are all looking good (except the ones that are pulling over their puny tomato cages- won't try that again!).

o

I've been getting black cherries, too - this makes sense, since the plant came from annebert. I've also picked some fruit from what I believe to be Cherokee Green - also one of Anne's trades. I thought they were supposed to be larger tomatoes, but they are around the size of a Stupice. My Noir de Crimee has started fruiting, and the tomatoes on that one are smaller than usual, too. Is it something about the weather this year? Oh, and the first Sungolds should be ripening this week.

o

OK Cecilia, when do we start agitating for recipe contests, etc? I think a homebrew contest is a good idea...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here