Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gcwebber

Seedlings in Philadelphia area

gcwebber
15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, so please forgive me if this has been covered a lot already. I am getting the gardening itch, as I'm sure you all are too, and even though it's a little early I wanted to plan things out :)

I'm looking for a place to buy seedlings that has a wide selection of heirloom tomatoes and other veggies. Organic would be preferable, but not necessary. I went to a place several years ago with a friend, of course I can't remember the name of it now, but it was really perfect. They had literally dozens of heirloom tomatoes and several varieties of peppers, eggplants, tomatillos, all kinds of unusual seedlings. I think it was in Downingtown. They had a few different buildings filled with seedlings, I spent at least 3 hours picking several dozen plants to take home. I was in heaven!

Now I wish I could remember what it was called. :( Do any of you have any places you recommend for seedlings? I wish I could start from seed myself but I just don't have the room or the time to invest!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner